ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

mailing/email in profile

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/17/09 02:42 PM Views: 2665 Replies: 7
Saturday, October 17, 2009 at 2:42 PM

What are the 'Mailing Address' and 'Email Address' buttons for when members go in to their profile?
They can select them, but not un-select them.
When they exit, and come bck to the profile, the are no longer selected.

Saturday, October 17, 2009 at 10:35 PM - Response #1

Sorry but I don't understand your question. There are no such buttons. Were you possibly doing something with the Profile Generator feature earlier and later fixed the problem?

Sunday, October 18, 2009 at 11:23 PM - Response #2

Sorry for the confusion - this is what one of my admin's wrote me: [I should have pasted this with the original quesiton]
/////////////////
I'm looking at the Edit Profile function under MEMBER FUNCTIONS -. The buttons are just after the Video Description box. They're confusing to me because (1) you can check the both - radio buttons shouldn't work like that, and (2) you can't uncheck them once you've checked them.

Sunday, October 18, 2009 at 11:44 PM - Response #3

Steven Stein wrote:

Sorry for the confusion - this is what one of my admin's wrote me: [I should have pasted this with the original quesiton]
/////////////////
I'm looking at the Edit Profile function under MEMBER FUNCTIONS -. The buttons are just after the Video Description box. They're confusing to me because (1) you can check the both - radio buttons shouldn't work like that, and (2) you can't uncheck them once you've checked them.

Which website are you talking about? Do you admin more than one website? Are you talking about http://www.brazosport68.com/?

I don't see anything like what you are describing. So I am thinking you are talking about another website.

Sunday, October 18, 2009 at 11:45 PM - Response #4

Sunday, October 18, 2009 at 11:49 PM - Response #5

I am the root admin. for
http://www.classcreator.com/Freeport-TX-Brazosport-1970/class_index.cfm

I think we had a previous thread about this very issue, me being admin on two sites, but I simply help out of some 'lesser' issues on the 68 site.

[Looks like we will be candidates for that 'shared teacher' topic I have been reading about as well!]

Sunday, October 18, 2009 at 11:50 PM - Response #6

Looking at your Profile Generator for 1970, you have THESE questions:

Mailing Address:
TYPE (Radio Button)

You want to change it to TEXT (Single Line).

To do this, just click the PENCIL icon next to "Mailing Address". In the drop-down next to ANSWERS, choose "Text (Single Line)" or "Comment Box" if you want Multiple Lines.

Remember to click UPDATE so that the question will be changed to the new format.

Repeat the process for "Email Address"

Sunday, October 18, 2009 at 11:52 PM - Response #7

Steven Stein wrote:

I am the root admin. for
http://www.classcreator.com/Freeport-TX-Brazosport-1970/class_index.cfm

I think we had a previous thread about this very issue, me being admin on two sites, but I simply help out of some 'lesser' issues on the 68 site.

[Looks like we will be candidates for that 'shared teacher' topic I have been reading about as well!]

It is confusing because the VIEW SITE button to the left goes to the 1968 website and when I reviewed it's Profile Generator, I didn't see any problems there. Do you want the VIEW SITE button to go to 1968's website?

Probably why Brad was confused, too. You didn't mention which site you were talking about in the original forum post.

Edited 10/18/09 11:54 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.