ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

In Memory Contact Form Questions

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/11/22 11:02 PM Views: 3567 Replies: 11
Monday, July 11, 2022 at 11:02 PM

I could not find a past posting about this subject. Is there a way to change/edit the questions on the In Memory Contact Us form?

Monday, July 11, 2022 at 11:06 PM - Response #1

Hi Lynn,

No the In Memory contact form is a set list of questions. Is there a question you feel should be added?

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 at 12:36 AM - Response #2

No, none to add, just had a few say that "cause of death" was too personal. But in my opinion, you can't please everyone, and I don't put that on there anyway.

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 at 1:02 AM - Response #3

Those fields are optional so they don't have to fill it in.

Classmates often want to know what happened and it was a question that came up to include when we asked admins and reviewed other similar forms on other sites.

Jessica

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 at 3:25 AM - Response #4
In Memory - Contact Us.jpg

Okay, I'm a little embarrassed. I've attached a copy of the In Memory - Contact Us page that I found for Marshall High School 1965, but I don't know where to find this page under Admin Functions for my site. Where do I look, please?

Edited 07/12/22 3:46 AM
Tuesday, July 12, 2022 at 8:13 AM - Response #5

Well... I go to Edit Site Pages, then In Memory. Then in my section of what I put at the heading of the page I have a "CLICK HERE" link to send me info. Honestly its been so long I can't remember where I found the link or if it was in there as default when I started.

My link reads as www.lohsalumni.com/class_inmemory_contact_form.cfm

Yours is probably the same, just create a link and change the lead to your website, maybe this... www.eastlongmeadowhighschool1970.com/class_inmemory_contact_form.cfm

Hope that makes sense and hope it works.

Edited 07/12/22 8:14 AM
Tuesday, July 12, 2022 at 10:42 AM - Response #6
Screenshot 2022-07-12 073828.jpg

Scott,

Do not log on to your site and go to the In Memory page. Since you renamed yours it took me a little while to find it. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll find a link to the form. I've attached what I got when doing so.

FC

Edit. It shows up when logged on also.

Edited 07/12/22 1:15 PM
Tuesday, July 12, 2022 at 12:43 PM - Response #7

F C, Thanks for letting me know how to find the link.

Two suggestions for improvement:
In our case, we've renamed the In Memory page "Life Tributes" with 12 flyout menu items. I think the link should be displayed at the bottom of each flyout menu item, not just at the bottom of "Our Classmates." The link should also be displayed whether or not someone is logged in.

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 at 12:54 PM - Response #8

On our Memory page that link appears on the bottom Logged in. It is restricted to logged in only, so have no idea if it shows up not logged in.

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 at 1:26 PM - Response #9

Jack, I goofed --- the link is there whether I'm logged in or not. Thanks for pointing this out.

Monday, September 5, 2022 at 2:57 PM - Response #10

Can you add "Class Year" for those with multi-year websites?

Thanks

Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 4:06 PM - Response #11

I second this motion! I also would like "Class Year of Deceased" to be added. Would be a great help to multi year websites.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.