ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Changed password but did not work?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/09/22 03:23 PM Views: 166 Replies: 5
Wednesday, March 9, 2022 at 3:23 PM

At the request of a classmate I changed his password (as I have done for many others over the years) but it didn't work. After he said it didn't work I also tried to log on as him, message: Invalid Login or Password. REMEMBER that you can only use your primary email address to log in. Please try again.

I double checked his email, might it be a temporary system issue? Thank you, Larry

Wednesday, March 9, 2022 at 3:30 PM - Response #1

When you change someone's password, I think you only have to type the new password once --- if that's the case, maybe you made a typo when you entered the new password. I'd try changing the password one more time and see what happens.

Wednesday, March 9, 2022 at 3:37 PM - Response #2

Thanks Scott, it does make you type it twice and will tell you if they don't match before you can save changes. Still a puzzle?

Friday, January 26, 2024 at 11:56 AM - Response #3

I'm having the same issue. Have tried changing her p/w several times without success. Is there a way to elevate this to Classmates?

Friday, January 26, 2024 at 12:25 PM - Response #4

Steve,

I responded to your other contact form post.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, January 26, 2024 at 12:28 PM - Response #5

A few observations:

Once you are on the page to change a classmate's password, the only thing I can think is preventing the password change from taking effect is not clicking on SAVE CHANGES at the bottom of the page after you type in the new password and then reentering it to verify it. I changed a classmate's password the other day and it went through fine.

Another alternative you have to resetting a classmate's password is to click on RESET PASSWORD to "Send a reset link to this user's email, allowing them to change their own password." The link is sent to the classmate's email address which is registered on the site. And here often lies the problem: this email address may not be their current email. It's been my experience that those who forget their password have often not logged onto the site in years. So, check with the classmate and see if they want their email changed as well as their password.

A classmate can change their password by themselves by clicking on "Forgot Password?" on the sign in box. Again, however, the reset link is sent to the email which they have registered on the site and if they no longer use this email, they won't receive the link.

I can't emphasize enough the need to check the classmate's email and be sure it reflects their current email.

Edited 01/26/24 8:27 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.