ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/30/10 11:47 AM Views: 1526 Replies: 7
Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 11:47 AM

When a first time visitor sees the site, I have has some tell me they could not log in because they do not read the whole login screen for the join process.

With this in mind, I would like to see the text under the login for the join proess to say something like.

Not a Member?
JOIN NOW
Find and Click on YOUR name.

the JOIN NOW would be the hyper link

Additionally, I would change Returning Users: Log On
to: Returning Members: Log On

Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 3:06 PM - Response #1

All right. I'm down with that. Thanks. I also deleted the word "Returning" as it's not really necessary and didn't fit after changing Users to Members.

Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 4:40 PM - Response #2

Geez - that was quick - I agree with your change to my change. But....after seeing it, I think I would move the "Forgot Password? down under the "Find and click YOUR name" ---- just a thought. I think that puts the items in order of most used 1)Members, 2)Joiners 3)forgetful members.

But leave that one to you....appreciate the quick response

Charlie

Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 5:03 PM - Response #3

Although the rationale makes sense, I'd be very hesitant to move the "Forgot Password" link away from the actually password field itself. I'm concerned people wouldn't see it at all way down on the bottom. And it's a pretty important thing to see, too. Otherwise Admins get inundated with emails from users who can't log in. It's also standard for a feature like this to be placed near the password field itself, not to mention a million people here are used to seeing it there. Smile

Edited 09/30/10 5:04 PM
Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 5:04 PM - Response #4

Although the rationale makes sense, I'd be very hesitant to move the "Forgot Password" link away from the actually password field itself. I'm concerned people wouldn't see it at all way down on the bottom. And it's a pretty important thing to see, too. Otherwise Admins get inundated with emails from users who can't log in. It's also standard for a feature like this to be placed near the password field itself, not to mention a million people here are used to seeing it here. Smile

Friday, January 21, 2011 at 2:48 PM - Response #5

The Log In Screen text is:
This section of the web site requires you to log in. If you haven't signed up yet, find your profile on the list of classmates.
If you've forgotten your password, click here to have it emailed to you.
Email Address:
Password:
Remember Me

I'm creating a link directing people to their "Edit Contact Info" page. If they aren't a member or aren't logged in already, they get redirected to the Log In Screen.

At that point, I would like to tell those who might not be successful at logging in, to use the "Contact Us" if they have any questions.

Can you add a link to "Contact Us" since some may never have been on the site before? That should cover all the bases.

Edited 01/21/11 3:00 PM
Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 4:46 PM - Response #6

Contact Us link has been added.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 5:01 PM - Response #7

THANKS!!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.