ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Yearbooks

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/15/10 01:10 PM Views: 1513 Replies: 4
Monday, March 15, 2010 at 1:10 PM

I have the opportunity to buy my high school yearbooks from the school. They have located 2 of the years so far. I thought it would be great to have them at the reunion without all the writing in them that I have in mine.

They ask that we make a donation for them. What do you think we should give? The years are 69-72 so the yearbooks weren't that expensive then.

Thanks, Ann

Monday, March 15, 2010 at 1:38 PM - Response #1

check out what yearbooks are going for on ebay....I was amazed!!! NO bargains there...they wanted $100 + for a 1964 JUNIOR HIGH book that likely sold for under $10!

Edited 03/15/10 1:40 PM
Monday, March 15, 2010 at 2:13 PM - Response #2

It would naturally be what the yearbooks mean to you. BUT, that being said, I would donate about $25 per book, plus shipping cost. Sounds like e-bay folks are seeking big bucks. They may get it if there is someone who wants the yearbook that badly. However, if these are from the school the only thing they should want is the cost plus shipping, IMHO.
Lara

Monday, March 15, 2010 at 2:27 PM - Response #3

I would see if there is a way to donate the money to a "Book Scholarship" for a present student who qualifys maybe with 90% of the requirements but would normally not get one. Any amount works for college costs today.

Monday, March 15, 2010 at 6:41 PM - Response #4

We have bought all the yearbooks available from the school. They sold them to us for 5.00 each. I used them for the Multi Class site. I think we have about 45.

They have been a great reference.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.