ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

missing paypal button

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/19/15 03:13 PM Views: 1330 Replies: 7
Thursday, February 19, 2015 at 3:13 PM

Dear CC. From the beginning of my website (several years ago) I had a PayPal button displayed on my home page for alumni to pay annual dues. It was pointed out to me that the button was now gone. It was located right beneath the log-in box and active all year round. I have no idea how long the button has been missing. How do I re-install it?

Thanks,

Larry Noller

Friday, February 20, 2015 at 9:05 AM - Response #1

Edit Site Pages, Edit Home Page content, in the checkbox section, there was a "OVERALL REUNION SPONSER" donation object. It was inactive, so I activated it.

You might want to fix the spelling of "Sponsor", but I will let you do that.

Friday, February 20, 2015 at 12:57 PM - Response #2

Thanks Kyle,

I'll rephrase my issue.

In the past I had a "Donate" button located under the log in box for alumni to make donations. There is a reference to it on the homepage right above the license tag frame for sale. I tried to look at my homepage archives ( CC used to save the last 5 changes in case of admin. screw ups)but I can't find them anymore either.The donate button was active all year.We have many alumni that pay annual dues through this donate button all year round.

I am planning an event for 2015 which is still in the "beta" stage. I was playing with the "donate" option in the event planner, but my event has not been "published" yet. We are looking for sponsors for our reunion but that will be a separate opportunity to donate when a person "checks out" after registering for the reunion.

Question: When I go active with the reunion will the "donate" option in the event planner conflict with the donate button on the home page, if I can restore it?

Please take a look at my event planner. I seem to have some hidden nomenclature embedded in the code that I can't see and can't delete. (bullets, carriage returns etc) It is screwing up my event planner information page.

Does this help explain my 2 issues?

1. Missing Donate button
2. Embedded nomenclature

Thanks for all your help.

Monday, February 23, 2015 at 11:07 AM - Response #3

That should not cause a conflict. We have it set up now so that donation modules can be displayed both on the homepage as well as within the cart/checkout process for event planner pages. The new module does not contain the previous versions link that was once included. We are also discussing adding the old donation module back into the mix soon. That will allow for either a second Paypal address option as well as a simple set up option for donation to go directly to Paypal rather than through the API setup.

Monday, February 23, 2015 at 12:34 PM - Response #4

Thanks Scott. I used the donation manager to restore my "Donate" button to the top right corner of my homepage. It appears to be working.

I still need some "clean-up" on my event planner "2015 reunion". My EDIT mode looks totally different then my "PREVIEW" mode, and I can't figure out how to change it. I have some hidden characters embedded somewhere. Can you runt it through the "cleaners" for me?

Larry

Monday, February 23, 2015 at 2:20 PM - Response #5

I see what you are referring to. I would not try to format the page according to the view within the Editor. The available space on the page compared to that of the editor are different. You are also using a lot of hard spaces in your formatting. That will cause alignment issues on the Live page. I do not know if you did all of your formatting from within the editor, or if you composed the content in a program such as MS Word. However, try to keep it to the editor.

If I run it through a "cleaner" and removed all the excess spacing, you will need to revisit the formatting once again. Let me know if you wish for me to proceed.

Monday, February 23, 2015 at 4:19 PM - Response #6

Yes please run the cleaner. I'll re-format to make the content look decent and organized. You will notice that I added a lot of events to my reunion. I thought they would show up in the sequential order I added them, but when I look at the draft page my events are out of sequence. I tried moving them with the"icon" but that didn't do anything for the finished product.

Monday, February 23, 2015 at 5:02 PM - Response #7

My cleaner removed 68 extra tags.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.