ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

change link name

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/24/10 06:12 PM Views: 1253 Replies: 2
Sunday, January 24, 2010 at 6:12 PM

I just uploaded 2 pdf successfully and would like to change just the link text. How do I do this?
For example instead of the path to the pdf file, I want the text to read Winter Newsletter.

Sunday, January 24, 2010 at 7:21 PM - Response #1

Linda Jacovino wrote:

I just uploaded 2 pdf successfully and would like to change just the link text. How do I do this?
For example instead of the path to the pdf file, I want the text to read Winter Newsletter.

When you're editing your Wildcat News page, type the text

Winter Newsletter

Then move your cursor to the beginning of "Winter Newsletter", hold the left mouse key down, drag across the string, so you are SELECTing the string "Winter Newsletter". Release the button, then click on the "Insert/Edit Link" icon (the little globe with chain links, the 1st one (the 2nd icon is "Remove Link")).

A LINK dialog box will come up. The URL type should say "URL", the protocol should be . Click on the File Vault button, now find the Winter News PDF file, click on it to Select it, then click on the Insert button. Finally click on OK.

If you click on SOURCE, you should end up see HTML code that looks something like this for the Winter Newsletter link:

Winter Newsletter

Repeat that for the Fall Newsletter, choosing the PDF file for that one of course. The line of code on your page will look like this:

Fall Newsletter

Or, you could just copy & paste the 2 lines of code from this post directly into your page, but this is a fundamental CC web page function everyone should try to learn so you might want to try going through the steps.

Hope that helps.

Edited 01/24/10 7:27 PM
Monday, January 25, 2010 at 6:52 PM - Response #2

Thanks

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.