ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Homepage announcement overlapping

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/01/14 08:34 PM Views: 741 Replies: 4
Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 8:34 PM

I really need some help on this. Please look at my site. On the homepage near the top, I posted a new announcement. The first half (in red) came out fine. The 2nd half (in green) I copied and pasted a quote from a message I received on Facebook. It overlaps no matter how I change the borders, skip lines, shorten lines. I can't make it readable. What am I missing or doing wrong? Please help.
Barbara

Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 8:46 PM - Response #1

You have conflicting style elements

style="font-size: 22px; line-height: 1.6em;
and then in the text

style="line-height: 14px; white-space: pre-wrap; background-color: rgb(247, 247, 247);"0

Basically you are putting tall letters in a line that is not tall enough hence they overlap.

The easy way to fix is to copy all the text to notepad, delete in the announcement. Then copy back from Notepad back to the announcement Editor and format for color and font style.

Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 10:39 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Jack,
but I was unaware that in the same announcement I have to necessarily keep the same size letters throughout. Has it always been that way?
Barbara

Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 10:55 PM - Response #3

You are fine regards different size letters in an announcement. And different colors and fonts too. Did not intend to mislead you here.

I'm guessing when you copied the original source those styling elements came along. Meaning you inherited some things that are not "visible". You can see them in source mode though. That's another way to fix it if you want to spend more timeWink.

It's pretty unusual to specify the actual line height, hence my guess it was in the original document. That's a handy thing for special documents though, like tight footnotes.

Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 11:20 PM - Response #4

Thanks. I understand now. You're right. I wrote the first part directly in the announcement under "create new announcement". The second part I copied from the personal messages to me on Facebook (which has no space or opportunity to change size, fonts, etc.). So I tried to change those characteristics on the announcement page itself. Didn't work. Thanks for your help.
Barbara

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.