ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Reunion Summary Fees are incorrect

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/15/10 09:46 AM Views: 1634 Replies: 8
Monday, March 15, 2010 at 9:46 AM

I noticed that the fees for the Credit Card payment is incorrect. Could it be that the 4.9% is being used with the total of all Credit Card usage added together then multiplied and rounded, whereas the correct amount would be to add up all the additional fees of each Credit Card transaction??

Monday, March 15, 2010 at 11:34 AM - Response #1

Are you clicking the Show Transactions button at the bottom of the Attendees page? Every transaction is listed there w/ corresponding fees. Every fee is correct. The total of all fees is also correct. Unless you're talking about the difference you get when manually adding every single fee vs. the fee that the system is currently displaying. That total equals a grand total of 1 cent. If this is what you mean, yes, it's possible you could wind up with a 1 penny difference due to the fact that when you have a 4.9% fee, the total is usually never going to round to the exact penny.

Monday, March 15, 2010 at 11:55 AM - Response #2

Thats where the problem is Brad. The "Fees" looks like you have taken all the transactions and multipled them by the 4.9% and rounded. Whereas, each individual transaction has it's multiplication rounded also. Add up each Credit Collected for the Gross Total Collected and it is off by a penny because of the rounding issue, and this is only for 6 transactions (9 tickets), what happens when there are 100s of transactions. This will cause problems with the accounting when numbers don't match up. The Gross Total Collected minus the correct fees issued for each individual transaction does not match the Fees listed. Sorry, but are you saying you don't see a problem with numbers not matching up correctly??

Edited 03/15/10 12:02 PM
Monday, March 15, 2010 at 12:38 PM - Response #3

I'm assuming your assumption is correct. I'll need to run it past the programmer who put in the math to be sure. I suspect nobody has ever mentioned this because they wound up with a few cents more or less and just didn't bother. Most likely they didn't even know why it was a few cents off, as they didn't pinpoint the rounding factor as you have done. If all assumptions are correct I'm sure Kevin can fix this so the grand total is all of the individual rounded totals added together.

Edited 03/15/10 12:40 PM
Monday, March 15, 2010 at 12:58 PM - Response #4

Thanks Brad. Just trying to help out so the numbers match up correctly.

Monday, March 15, 2010 at 2:08 PM - Response #5

Whew! I just had a long discussion with the programmer about this and my brain just melted. The overall scenario here that's resulting in the 2 totals being 1 cent off is more complex than I initially assumed. The good news is, we understand the exact cause here and will put in a fix for this when we have a moment. One thing you should know until we can fix this display issue is the TOTAL received for each transaction (when you click the Show Transactions button) is absolutely correct. That's the real total, and the total of those totals is the correct grand total.

I'm assuming once the fix is in place you'll get your penny back, but if I'm wrong and we still owe ya the penny, stop by if you're ever in town and I'll buy you lunch. Good catch on your part for identifying this issue.

Monday, March 15, 2010 at 4:11 PM - Response #6

Mmmmmm, where can we go for lunch for a penny..... The checks and everything is correct. It was just the total Fee that was off. Thanks Brad!!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 at 2:57 PM - Response #7
ATTENDEE SUMMARY EXTENDED DETAIL REPORT Beta Report.xls

I've noticed on our report we're not pulling all of our classmates. I've attached a spreadsheet.

It doesn't jive with the Reunion Summary report that we've collected $280.

www.gbhs1975.com

Scott Miller

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 at 7:32 PM - Response #8

The reports are in Beta and there are several updates coming very soon. One next week and one shortly after that.

In this case you will want to look at your totals on the Attendees page rather than the summary report because we have not posted the adjustment yet for those are allowing items that are free to be added to their cart. You have a $0.00 Friday night event that appears in some of the transactions. The new report updates will accommodate for that. In the meantime your Attendees page itself (where you are posting the check payments as they come in) has the correct list of names and totals.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.