ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

The things we do for our fellow classmates...

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/11/10 10:51 AM Views: 1986 Replies: 8
Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 10:51 AM

As Administrators and Reunion Promoters, is there anything we wouldn't do if a classmate requested it ? What lengths do we go to, to keep our classmates happy ?

This request came in and made me laugh. The Marc and Michael mentioned are identical twins.

Quote:

Hi Fred.
When you get a chance, can you switch my picture with Michael's? While I was the layout editor and Michael was the co-photo editor of El Delator, Mr. Sims apparently thought it would be funny to switch our photos. Now, 40 years later, I am still having to explain how that picture is not me. Yes, to most people, it does not matter. It usually does not matter to me, but it may to Michael.
Thanks and look forward to seeing you soon.
Marc

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 11:13 AM - Response #1

Fred:
You are 100% correct. We'll do almost anything to keep a classamte happy. I had to switch a yearbook picture for a girl who felt the yearbook editor was jealous of her and chose a bad picture. 40 years later, she is still upset about it.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 11:18 AM - Response #2

Fred, that is a riot!

Thanks for sharing!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 12:24 PM - Response #3

Brilliant, Fred! Fortunately, we don't have Yearbooks. Could have been a problem, as my school had two sets of triplets at one time!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 12:24 PM - Response #4

LOL, as the older sister of identical twins, that is hilarious and too often true! My brothers' pics were often switched through the years.

And yes, we'll do almost anything to keep our classmates happy!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 4:58 PM - Response #5

Fred Weis wrote:

As Administrators and Reunion Promoters, is there anything we wouldn't do if a classmate requested it ? What lengths do we go to, to keep our classmates happy ?

This request came in and made me laugh. The Marc and Michael mentioned are identical twins.

Quote:

Hi Fred.
When you get a chance, can you switch my picture with Michael's? While I was the layout editor and Michael was the co-photo editor of El Delator, Mr. Sims apparently thought it would be funny to switch our photos. Now, 40 years later, I am still having to explain how that picture is not me. Yes, to most people, it does not matter. It usually does not matter to me, but it may to Michael.
Thanks and look forward to seeing you soon.
Marc

That's really funny!!!! Are you gonna comply?? LaughingRolling EyesWinkCool

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 5:49 PM - Response #6

Same thing happened with our website... two classmates with totally different names - Patrick W. Henry and David W. Henry...I was informed by other classmates that they had been mixed up. I'm glad our classmates know one another so well to notice!

Of course I fixed it...the things you do for fellow classmates!

Sunday, August 15, 2010 at 1:53 AM - Response #7

It'd be fun for you to post what you have done to keep your classmates happy. Aside from the "normal" requests, such as people who forget their password or who ask us to upload photos for them, what are some of the crazy things we've been asked to do ?

Sunday, August 15, 2010 at 12:33 PM - Response #8

Not really crazy, but on our graduation class site [not the multi-year site that this is thread is through] I did have a request from a classmate, to remove the picture that appeared in the annual and put in its place another 'studio portrait' of that classmate.

They provided the picture, and I complied - I want to keep our site going for a VERY long time, so, if I can help keep the majority happy and it is within reason, I will comply.

With that said, I did have one claim that the class motto was something other than was in our annual, and demanded that I make the change on the web site, and I refused to make that change.
This was all discussed in a forum thread, and they had NO ONE jumping on their side.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.