ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Suspicious email via website

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/10/13 01:12 PM Views: 882 Replies: 3
Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Bogus email possible.jpg

Please check my latest email on the site from ejamo1931 - I just called them because they posted a new email address, which I tried, and was invalid. They had just changed their email to the ejamo1931 and I was surprised that now it was 1939. They said they were out and did not do this? Can you determine anything about it.

Ooops - I thought the email came thru the message center, but it is not there...it DID come from the website but came into my own email - I don't see it in the Message center...but attached is screen shot of it

Also....If I'm not in the middle of these forums, i cannot find the link to NEW TOPIC - the bar with new topic, reply, and subscription options that appears here, doesn't always appear and I don't know how to create a new topic without that menu above showing them. Thanks.

Edited 10/10/13 1:32 PM
Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 2:11 PM - Response #1

Any time you see the "Sender's IP Address : XX.XX.XXX.XX" included in the message, you know that this message came from a Contact Us page form submitted.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 4:05 PM - Response #2

Dick,
I took a look at your screen shot. It appears they typed in their email address (ADDED: and made the typo in error). My guess is they may have been submitting a 'change of address' instead of going to their profile to do so. (I get that occasionally and direct them to do so on their profile.)

As you are aware, Contact Us does not stay on your site but goes directly to your email.

Have a GREAT reunion this weekend! Smile

Edited 10/10/13 4:05 PM
Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 6:09 PM - Response #3

Thanks Gwen - I'll have to check the IP address; she said she wasn't even online and out when it was sent...no problem....

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.