ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Administrators

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/29/15 10:56 PM Views: 842 Replies: 4
Sunday, November 29, 2015 at 10:56 PM

Hi

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am the administrator of our site and I want to change/limit the people that have access. How do I do this?

Thanks!

Monday, November 30, 2015 at 8:27 AM - Response #1

I don't understand your question. Please restate the question. Which people do you want to limit access to the website. If I understand correctly, the only way to restrict access is to change their email address so that they cannot log in or delete their profile from the system.

Monday, November 30, 2015 at 12:00 PM - Response #2

There have been a number of discussions over the years about needing a way to control who has access to what and who can do what, but... while there was general agreement that something more than just restricting pages was needed, it never went beyond the discussion stage.

As of now, you either have registered members and guests who can see and do everything, or those who have not joined and can only see pages that are not restricted - and can't do anything but view.

Monday, November 30, 2015 at 8:29 PM - Response #3

Cynthia, are you talking about registered classmates access, or what the general public [non-registered] people can see?

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 9:52 AM - Response #4

Hi Cynthia,

The gents have given you good info. I took a look at your site to find you have pages open beyond what I consider 'the norm' and some restricted. I am sure you understand that restricted pages are seen by members who log-in, not the public.

OR are you asking how to restrict what your admins can access on your multi-year site?

First, let's look at this:
Restricting
a page was called password protecting. To use this option to make it that only members of your site see pages, here are the steps you need to do for each page you wish to 'restrict':

- Go to EDIT PAGES
- Move your mouse over the page you wish to restrict to see button appear to the right. Choose EDIT LINK.
- Click on the box in front of Restrict to Classmates only to see a checkmark.
- The page is now restricted.

It is possible admins have missed some of the changes along the way. If this is not a help to you, it may help another admin.

If this or help with restricting admin access is not what you needed, as Kyle said... we need more info. Wink

Restricting admin access is great for a multi-year site! Say you have Jane Doe, Class of 1970 as an admin. You can now restrict an admin to manage only one (or a group of) class year(s). Go into Manage Classmates to find the Grant Admin Access to see the changes.

Let us know if our info helped, Cynthia.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.