ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Segmenting Committee members

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/25/13 03:06 PM Views: 968 Replies: 6
Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 3:06 PM

We would like to be able to segment those classmates who are committee members in order to put them into excel and keep tracking of their activities. In fact, we would like to be able to segment further to designate them as members of specific committees (Entertainment, Decoration, etc.) Can this be done?

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM - Response #1

There is the Admin Forums you could use and only website Admins can access the forums. Each committee can create their own topic and report on their activities. Does that sound like it would work?

There is no specific segment of classmates that I can think of.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 4:11 PM - Response #2

If we get those custom icons and admins can assign some that classmates can't alter, will we be able to download the "icon" field and sort by it, to get groups like she's asking?

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 5:35 PM - Response #3

Yes, that would work, but I don't think anyone is working on that right now.

Sunday, September 29, 2013 at 12:13 AM - Response #4

So here is a thought along the same lines of icons, which sounds like a great idea. Class Creator places their own custom icons on related screens for their own staff members. I would like to do the same for my fellow class site administrators using custom icons. For example, they would basically indicate they are an "NT'80 Administrator". It could also be place on their profile page, perhaps next to their senior year picture. I think it would be something nice to do for them and an appreciated gesture to let them know they are appreciated for being involved. Hope the programming staff will consider this idea.

Edited 09/29/13 12:17 AM
Sunday, September 29, 2013 at 9:39 AM - Response #5

Gary,

That is the basic idea of the Custom Icons feature. There will be some field that the Root Admin creates in Profile Generator that is either classmate editable or not and according to that field, an icon will appear on the Classmate Profile page. Some examples of possible uses: Football Team, Choir, Cheerleader, or "NT'80 Administrator". The icon would be an image uploaded by the Root Admin and associated with the answer to the profile question. You would be able to move the Profile Generator item up or down the page however you wanted (just like a regular profile question), so if you wanted it at the same level as the senior year picture, it could be at the top of the profile and display the icon and the text associated with the icon at that line.

I think that your idea is similar enough that if you wanted to do what you described, you could do it with the Custom Icons feature (if anyone would just work on it!!!)

The Custom Icons feature is the one I am most looking forward to, so I wish they would hurry up, but Brad has his own timeline and schedule.

Monday, September 30, 2013 at 3:13 AM - Response #6

Thanks Kyle. So it's on the dreaded "wish list"? He. He. Just kidding. At least it sounds like it won't be forgotten about, hopefully.

Edited 09/30/13 3:17 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.