ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Profile Generator - 2 questions

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/03/08 12:06 AM Views: 1367 Replies: 4
Monday, November 3, 2008 at 12:06 AM

I've been playing around with the Profile Generator (which is an excellent addition, BTW), and I have a couple of questions.

1) What is the best way to build an open-ended question with a single-line text box for the answer instead of the multi-line comment box? Some questions, like "Who was your favorite teacher" only need the single line.

2) Is there a way to keep the questions hidden on a profile until they are answered? I noticed that the default questions are not seen by other users until the profile owner fills in an answer. I tried adding several questions to the profile, but the additional questions in blue (with no answers) looked odd and a little junky on the profile.

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 12:52 AM - Response #1

Dang you guys are fast! I'm tellin' ya!

I was just at a restaurant with Kevin getting that going tonight. You got into it before I even had a chance to post instructions at the top of the page about not using it before becoming a beta tester. Well, too late, now you're our first beta tester whether ya like it or not.

For the next couple days, anybody else, please don't use that. We have some more tweaks to make in there, such as not showing fields that don't have responses that you've asked about above. When working to our satisfaction we'll ask for some additional beta testers here for a few days, and then take it live for everyone.

Right now there is no single line response option -- I'll ask the programmer about that, good question.

Edited 11/03/08 12:53 AM
Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 4:09 AM - Response #2

Single line response has been added.

Sunday, November 23, 2008 at 10:08 PM - Response #3

Here I am again Brad -

I messed up the questions that were already in the profile, instead of deactivating them, I deleted the information and then deactivated them. How can I get them back?

Sunday, November 23, 2008 at 11:03 PM - Response #4

Simply activate them again and type the question back in there. You can't change the functionality of the deafult questions, but you can change the wording. Or you can inactivate them like you'e done if you don't want to use them. But in your case, if you want to turn something back on, just activate it again and type the question back in there.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.