ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

File Vault - Cannot See & Delete Files

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/06/20 04:19 AM Views: 527 Replies: 10
Monday, July 6, 2020 at 4:19 AM

Unable to view what is in my file vault. I need to delete some files. Any assistance will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Monday, July 6, 2020 at 8:54 AM - Response #1

Mine appears to all be there although access to my site and forums is very slow this morning. Disappointing that every file in my vault now has a 5/21/2020 date now (except for a couple I've uploaded lately).

Monday, July 6, 2020 at 10:11 AM - Response #2

Sorry, I can't help you Sammy. The only way I know to delete files is to right click on the image and click delete. But, if you can't access the file vault, I don't know what to say.

John, all my images are now dated 5/20/2020.

Monday, July 6, 2020 at 10:54 AM - Response #3

I'm experiencing everything exactly as reported by John in response #1 above.

Monday, July 6, 2020 at 1:00 PM - Response #4

John, Scott and F C,

I appreciate your comments. My vault has a single entry also dated 5/21/2020. I know there's lot more in the vault (they are appearing on various pages). I'll wait with you to see if this is fixed; hopefully soon.

Regards,

Sammy T.

Monday, July 6, 2020 at 1:21 PM - Response #5

John Ralph wrote:

Disappointing that every file in my vault now has a 5/21/2020 date now (except for a couple I've uploaded lately).

Scott Moore wrote:

John, all my images are now dated 5/20/2020.

It appears that the recovery from the 5/23 disaster when the security certificate expired and took all the systems down used copies from multiple backups instead of restores. One would hope that there were (at least) daily saves, from which a restore would have retained 'created' and 'updated' file dates.

To be fair, CC probably had no hand in that since it had to be done at and by the previous host's data center. Not having the original dates is not a 'showstopper', since all files (except for files uploaded on the 22nd or 23rd) are there. It still unprofessional and sloppy work though, and we'll hope the new host and data center is a professional IT shop with up to date policies and practices.

Monday, July 6, 2020 at 8:12 PM - Response #6

Sam,

How are you accessing the File Vault. I see a lot of files when I access it under any page with the editor and click the photo icon (second icon after Source). It links to your graphics and your gallery file vaults.

Do you have an example of something that is missing.

Jessica

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 at 5:05 AM - Response #7

Jessica,

That did it. I am able to delete files.
Thank you for your assistance.

Sam

Edited 07/07/20 5:21 AM
Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 6:44 AM - Response #8

Hi Jessica
I need to access the file vault and delete some files as we are over please.
But all I get is a message that I am using an older editor, and that we are over. I can't for the life of me figure out how to access the file vault.
Can you help me please?

Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 7:00 AM - Response #9

To access the file vault, under Admin Functions, click on Edit Site Pages. Pick a page and click on Edit Page.

On the top row of icons, click on the second icon from the left, "Image."

In the Image Properties box, click on "File Vault." You should see thumbnails of all your images.

To delete an image, right click on it and click "Delete."

Note: If you don't see thumbnails of your images, do this:

Under Admin Functions, click on Preferences. Scroll down to EDITOR FILE VAULT OPTIONS. Click on "Show Thumbnails."

Edited 09/28/21 7:01 AM
Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 8:44 AM - Response #10

Thanks a lot
Silly me was trying from my android!
Have a great day Scott.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.