ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Date, Time and Weather Widgets

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/18/10 12:22 PM Views: 1341 Replies: 5
Thursday, November 18, 2010 at 12:22 PM

I lost my original widgets for time, date and weather and now that I have entered new ones on our home page, they are both to the left of the page, I wanted them centered side-by-side. I have tried and tried to get these centered but to no avail. Once I click the source button, and copy the widgets, it won't let me center or move anything. Of course, I'm trying to do this from work and I thought maybe there's a filter of some sort but it did let me copy and paste the widgets.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 at 3:35 PM - Response #1

Typically - we don't go in and clean up the pages for the customer, but rather we try and walk / teach people how to do this as Admins. However, In this case, I was reviewing your code and go so confused myself that by the time I figured out what needed to be moved and where, I decided to give you and early Thanksgiving gift and take care of it for you. Smile Basically, I created a 2 column table and placed your widget code in each of the 2 columns leaving the clock on the left and the weather on the right.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 at 3:44 PM - Response #2

You are my hero! Thank you so much. I tried and tried to fix it so I know if YOU were confused, you can only imagine how confused I was. I really appreciate your help. Have a great Thanksgiving and I will try no to bother you again....well, at least not for a little while!!!

Brenda

Thursday, November 18, 2010 at 3:56 PM - Response #3

You're welcome. Smile

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 9:41 AM - Response #4

Hi Scott - it's me again! Per our e-mails above, I have again lost my time and weather widgets again. I have put in a weather widget but you will have to remind me how to make them two columns. I have gone back through several of the Forums but can't find exactly what I want to do. I have the weather widget at the very end of the Home Page on the left and want to add a time widget of some kind. Haven't found a good one yet that I like.

Thanks for your help. We are all so glad to be able to have experts like you helping those of us that are fledgling computer "sperts"!

Brenda

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 11:18 AM - Response #5

Sounds like you would like to build a 2 column table.

Scroll down to the bottom of your Editor Window. Click on the page at the bottom. On the editor window, in the second row of icons, the 4th button from the right looks like a grid, this is the Insert Table icon. Click the insert Table icon. A window will appear. Set the table to 1 row and 2 columns. Make the width 100 percent. You can choose to make the border 0 if you do not wish to see the border lines.

After you click OK, you will then need to go into your Source view and Cut (CTRL X) and Paste (CTRL V) your widget code into the table cells of the page your just created. you will look for TD code that looks like this {without the spaces} < t d >& n b s p ;< / t d > ... remove the & n b s p and paste your widget code here. The top TD code is the left column and the bottom TD code is the right column.

When you save the page, you should be able to see your widget in the table as intended.

You can post a thread for other Admins to see to get suggestions on sources for clock widgets.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.