ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Alumni Magazine Subscription and Dues

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/14/10 11:53 PM Views: 1352 Replies: 7
Sunday, March 14, 2010 at 11:53 PM

I found one thread on alumni dues but it did not seem to have everything I had questions for and I'm not sure if it will be coming soon or far in the future.

Will there be a module(s) created for these scenarios?

We'd love our system to be able to manage two things:

1a) We send out a paid subscription Alumni Magazine in the Fall each year. We also send out a free (smaller) newspaper in the Spring to all alumni.

We'd like to track the SUBSCRIPTION DATE and the EXPIRATION DATE, when alumni pay, and have it on the "Contact Page".

We'd like to track this in the database whether or not someone is registered on the site. (We have their information in the website database anyway) This way we could also utilize the information to download easily into Excel. This would help us separate out those who are not subscribers or who do not have email addresses (and are not website registered) so we could send snail mail subscription letters.

1b) The system should be able to create an auto reminder email (with adjustable settings) for their upcoming renewal. This could be accomplished by expanding the Preferences section with an additional area for subscriptions. Hopefully with the correct settings we could target just those with subscriptions and then choose others not subscribed for another email to consider subscribing.

2) The other item we need to track in a similar way as above would be Alumni Membership Dues.

The more we can automate our tasks with such a large group of alumni, the happier we would be! Very Happy

Is this in the works or anywhere on the list?

Monday, March 15, 2010 at 12:12 AM - Response #1

Nope! All good ideas though, thanks Bruce.

I'd like to ask other Admins to respond if you would use something like this. Would like to get a handle on the need for this feature. I'm sure we can/will create this. With hundreds of tasks pending if I can get a handle on the collective need it will help me prioritize this amongst other pending tasks.

Monday, March 15, 2010 at 12:05 PM - Response #2

I would definitely use the feature. My site has 80 classes so breaking down into subsets would be very helpful. I'd like to be able to download one class rather than all 80.

Monday, March 15, 2010 at 6:52 PM - Response #3

Would be very helpful for our sites to have the ability to pay annual alumni dues

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 11:07 AM - Response #4

Not being able to auto-track annual expiration and billing is a problem for collecting dues.

In my case, our alumni board officers (for our multiyear site) recently decided against collecting dues out of concern that we may turn away classmates who want to join but who don't wish to be that invested in the association. We want registrations primarily.

Our classmates who are interested in events, gatherings, and scholarships can donate funds or pay appropriate event expenses to attend.

Just my .02 cents Smile

Edited 02/19/13 11:08 AM
Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 3:32 PM - Response #5

We have an alumni association which is independent of any particular class. For individual class year sites like ours I see no need for a feature such as this.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 9:22 PM - Response #6

Accounting for dues would be HUGE for us. We do our Newsletter a little different. We send to 15,000 once a year. We are getting to the point where we will are thinking about only sending one to people who pay. The reason we do not do that is because we get this newsletter into someones hands and we have a chance of them paying. After a certain amount of time that we send to everyone and do not get a payment then we can cut them off and just send to paying members. At least it gets our name out there for now. I guess we need to get a marketing expert on our committee who could help us decide how to best approach getting the most return for our money.

I really like to type here because when I do I give myself idears. I think we should try to get a "marketing major" on our committee by asking for some marketing help.

Good idear!

Thanks

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 10:43 AM - Response #7

This is something that can be done using the existing reunion planner. It doesn't track the due date and automatically bill, but you can:
1. Create a reunion, call it 2013 Dues
2. Add an event, with registration disabled
3. Add a product (non-ticket) - if accepting credit cards, be sure to set the price at (the dues amount) / 0.951
4. Select "Stop selling tickets but continue selling other items"

The Attendees page and the items sales report will help you track who has paid and who hasn't and provide links to email either the paid group or the unpaid group separately

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.