ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

What happened to possibility of a calendar?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/05/19 01:19 PM Views: 3994 Replies: 18
Tuesday, November 5, 2019 at 1:19 PM

I use classcreator for several different types of websites, not just class reunions. I would like to add a calendar to two of my sites, the HOA website and my new social club website. I have tried localendar, but it is not loading well, so I wanted to look at Google. I can create the calendar, but I am not sure which of the Google embed codes I need to use. When I tried different ones, the site rejected it - "web address must end with .htm
Is anyone familiar with Google calendar embed codes? I want to assign it to one of the customizeable links.
Thanks!

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 at 3:17 PM - Response #1

See this for how to Embed the Google Calendar

Here's a demo I made on our Site Holiday Calendar

I modified the iframe so the width="100%" instead of a fixed value. That adapts automatically to the old style or the new responsive design.

Oh, you copy the iframe code shown there in editor SOURCE mode, don't use the htm link but your own NEW page.

This is mine, with the width changed to 100%

Edited 11/05/19 3:31 PM
Wednesday, November 6, 2019 at 9:03 AM - Response #2

The Google calendar is a great solution. Thank you Jack.

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 at 7:31 PM - Response #3

Great help! Thanks so much - I've got it going!

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 at 9:01 PM - Response #4

Oops! I did something wrong - I am the only one who can see it. Sad I'm going back to try and figure it out. Any suggestions as to what to look for will be appreciated!

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 at 10:45 PM - Response #5

You have to make it public

Thursday, November 7, 2019 at 2:18 PM - Response #6

Ok. The pop up warning led me to worry my calendar would be found in search engines. Since it is within our password protected site, it should not be accessible, correct?

Thursday, November 7, 2019 at 3:05 PM - Response #7

Correct

Friday, November 8, 2019 at 2:29 AM - Response #8

Thanks, Jack! I have a calendar ready to go live when I decide if it will be an announcement or have a page of its own.
Any other extras you'd like to share? I'm working on refreshing my class site.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 5:54 PM - Response #9

Now guys I am slightly confused. I made it public, and all worked, as I am logging in as a classmate to be sure. So if it is public, is it open to search engines or not? Not that it's a big deal, as I am only listing meeting dates, due dates for payment (eventually) and our social events we have once in awhile. Our reunion isn't until 2021 but I want this up and rolling.

So, for now it works......but is it unsafe to be visible to the public?

Denise

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 8:59 PM - Response #10

If you don't want to have search engines see it, make the page Private - Password Protected - Restrict to Classmates Only

Your calendar is Public (as is your page) and requires one more Step to let other people see the Events. I can see the Calendar but not Events. My message is
:
Events from one or more calendars could not be shown here because you do not have the permission to view them

See this LINK

{Logging into your website is not related to seeing the calendar events. You see the dates since it sees YOUR cookie data as authorized user. Nobody else can right now.]

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 9:05 PM - Response #11

P.S. Also change the width to width="100%". Especially for Responsive Design. Right now the calendar does not adjust in size to different screen sizes - esp mobile.

It's a little detail that CC should have explained for RD designs. Make images, tables, iframes use percent values, not absolute sizes (most of the time).

Percent takes the percent of the available display space and used that to display. That's where the "Responsive" part of this comes from Very Happy

Edited 11/19/19 9:05 PM
Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 1:32 PM - Response #12

OK, I am really confused and so are my classmates. I have made it "public" and I can see everything, logged in or not. I open my Microsoft browser and I cannot see it. But my friends, even though they are using chrome like me, cannot see it either. I followed the directions. What could I possibly be missing? My friends actually are using Safari, Chrome, IE or whatever we're calling it now, and I am the only one who can see it and it is set to public.

Denise

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 2:59 PM - Response #13

I see your calendar using the Google Chrome browser. There's a statement at the top of it that says, "Events from one or more calendars could not be shown here because you do not have the permission to view them." So, I can't see any events, but I can see the full calendar and advance through upcoming months.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 3:22 PM - Response #14

I've gotten that from another person. Thanks.

I wonder if the problem results from the fact that this calendar is connected to my personal one, but of course I have checked only the "Class of 1971" calendar and blocked out the other.

Anyone jump in. Could that be a problem?

D.

Thursday, November 21, 2019 at 10:07 PM - Response #15

Gwen spent some time with me tonight. She was able to help me find the "public" button on the Google calendar itself, and that did it! Go Gwen! Thanks a lot! Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Monday, October 17, 2022 at 10:29 PM - Response #17

Hope someone is still reading this - I created the calendar as directed and selected embed code. After I paste it and then post the page, when I click on the embedded code nothing happens???

Monday, October 17, 2022 at 11:58 PM - Response #18

Tim,

Just posting the response here as well:

Are you pasting the embed code into the source view?

On any editor page the first button is "source" which takes you into the source code view. Embed code must be added in that mode.

You then need to save the page and preview the page or go to the live page to view it. It won't display the embedded object in the edit view.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.