Created on: 04/11/12 04:55 PM Views: 1514 Replies: 6
Wednesday, April 11, 2012 at 4:55 PM

LIVE CHAT

WEDNESDAY, April 11th
8:30pm EDT

8:30pm EDT
- Go Paperless - Use your Admin Forums!

Followed by - Set-up Your Reunion in Reunion Planner

Before we turn off the lights - What's on your mind?

ALL ADMINS are WELCOME!

Are you a Root or Site Administrator for a site hosted on Class Creator? If so, come on in and register to see the password protected pages and to be sure you get in the door for future Live Chats! Register on TAP today! Very Happy

Edited 04/11/12 5:26 PM
Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 9:02 PM - Response #1

Sorry I couldn't join you Weds night, but had a meeting. I would love to see the notes from your call if someone took them. Thanks, Judy

Friday, April 13, 2012 at 10:53 AM - Response #2

I've stopped by TAP chat late the last two weeks. I sign in and find a number of people on the "Who's Online Now" list still present, but no link to get into the chat room. It seems I remember that you put a link to the chat ON the main page, rather than a link to it on the left side. Do you take it down when you're done chatting, Gwen, or am I missing something totally obvious? Embarassed I was really late...it's really not a big deal...I'm just mostly curious!

Friday, April 13, 2012 at 11:13 AM - Response #3

Judy Willerton wrote:

Sorry I couldn't join you Weds night, but had a meeting. I would love to see the notes from your call if someone took them. Thanks, Judy

Hi Judy,

We've discussed how we should share the logs in a chat. Do we:

• Post the chat log in the TAP FORUMS?
  • Send the chat log to all members via email?
  • Send the chat log to members who were present?

The request by attendees was to share with those who attend the chat.

We may take another look at this subject. I would like to consider sending the log to members who are present most weeks... those considered 'regular chat attendees'.

I'd like to keep a list of chat topics in TAP FORUMS, yet Marla keys in the chat log and I host the chats and update the site. By the time I am done with the bit I do here and on my two school sites, I'm exhausted. (Adding this on top of things away from the computer.) My guess... Marla is, as well.

I say... one step at a time and will hang the Volunteer Help Wanted sign out again soon. Smile

Hope to see you on TAP!

Friday, April 13, 2012 at 11:19 AM - Response #4

Ruth Music wrote:

I've stopped by TAP chat late the last two weeks. I sign in and find a number of people on the "Who's Online Now" list still present, but no link to get into the chat room. It seems I remember that you put a link to the chat ON the main page, rather than a link to it on the left side. Do you take it down when you're done chatting, Gwen, or am I missing something totally obvious? Embarassed I was really late...it's really not a big deal...I'm just mostly curious!

Hi Ruth,

It is good to hear from you! I confess... I saw you sign onto TAP after we closed the room. I was so tired, I could not have one more online conversation. I hope you'll accept my apologies.

To answer your question, YES... as we reach the end, I ask if anyone has something on their minds. During that time, I remove the Live Chat link and turn off the OPEN sign.

Chats are about 90 minutes. As you know, we tend to go well over that at times. That said, I understand anyone coming in late in hopes of finding us still there.

Hope to see you on TAP again soon!

Friday, April 13, 2012 at 12:08 PM - Response #5

Thanks Gwen. No need to apologize at all! I was the one who was late! I only posted the question here because I saw a number of people come and go while I was looking for a "back-door" way to get into the room. I thought others might want to know that when the sign-in is gone, the room is completely closed...even if people are still showing up on "who's online". Seems I recall that names can remain on the list for a period after everyone is gone, so it's likely no one was there anyway!

I'm realizing I'm thrown off on this because on my site they can stay and talk all night, if so inclined...I don't ever close it. Here's a thought....Maybe a sign that says, "Closed for tonight" in place of the open sign would be useful for those of us who are looking for the stragglers?

...a note of explanation too; I don't use Admin Forums as I'm the only admin on my sites and my groups don't use my sites to plan reunions, so I didn't have anything to add to the early conversation. I just stopped by to say hello and waited too long. I'll remember the 90 minute number from now on!

Edited 04/13/12 12:10 PM
Friday, April 13, 2012 at 12:17 PM - Response #6

Thanks for your response, Gwen! With my limited bit of knowledge about how this all works, I think it would be easiest for you and for us if they were just posted, and then whoever had an interest in the subject could access them. I was interested in the subjects you were discussing last Weds, but was not home at that time. I know it's impossible to please everyone with the time you hold the calls, but if the notes were posted it would be helpful to us who have so much to learn! Thanks again for all you do for us!
Judy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.