ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Profile Visibility Default

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/25/23 12:19 PM Views: 320 Replies: 2
Saturday, February 25, 2023 at 12:19 PM

We recently became aware that our classmate pages are now viewable by the public unless classmates individually check the Profile Visibility box. We do not think that this used to be the case. Is there a way to check all classmates Profile Visibility boxes at once and let those who want their pages public to uncheck the box?

I read the August 2022 discussion on this issue and we don’t want the checkbox removed from every profile as there are probably some classmates who want their pages public. Thank you.

Saturday, February 25, 2023 at 1:11 PM - Response #1

By default it is checked which means it is blocked from the public (only visible to logged in site members)

They can uncheck it if the want it to be public

Block Profile Visibility: Block the public and search engines from accessing my Profile and allow only fellow Classmates to view my Profile details. Leave this box unchecked if you also wish to allow the public (friends, co-workers, family members, etc.) to view your Profile details.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, February 26, 2023 at 11:33 AM - Response #2

It's misleading... When you use Manage Classmates to look at the profile of a classmate who has not joined yet, that "Block" box is unchecked. While that appears to be the default, that box gets automatically checked when someone joins. And if you try to access any profile for those who have not joined yet, all you see is an invitation to join.

So... everyone who has joined should be set to block public and search engines unless they unchecked the "Block" box in their profile themselves.

Edited 02/26/23 11:33 AM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.