ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Home page is missing on edit pages

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/12/14 10:06 PM Views: 975 Replies: 19
Sunday, January 12, 2014 at 10:06 PM

I just went to Edit Pages to do some work on the home page, but the link is missing. The home page itself looks fine. Any ideas where the link could be hiding? I would be concerned, but I know one of you will know the answer!

Sunday, January 12, 2014 at 10:25 PM - Response #1

Are you not seeing it here? http://screencast.com/t/wbOVr0UqHUn

Sunday, January 12, 2014 at 11:09 PM - Response #2

I tried to delete my question. Sorry about that. I figured out what I had done accidentally. I was naming a new link and somehow renamed home page. All is well now. Another lesson learned! Thanks for checking on it so promptly, Brad.

Monday, January 13, 2014 at 7:57 PM - Response #3

One of our classmates joined and while he was entering his info he said he went to page 3 and everything went blank. He closed the site and reopened it and now all he gets is home page which is partially there. He has rebooted his computer and still the same. Is there a problem with the website?

Monday, January 13, 2014 at 9:07 PM - Response #4

Now some of the pictures in the classmates profile have their yearbook photo missing. What the ----- is going on?

Monday, January 13, 2014 at 9:37 PM - Response #5

We have the same problem! It's so frustrating when we have a few new classmates that have talking on the forum and then their pictures went away. Even mine did!Crying or Very sad

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 4:18 PM - Response #6

There is a current issue with the profile master photo not showing up in the forums. We have reported this issue to the programmer and it is on his list.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 10:21 AM - Response #7

Give it a whirl.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 1:44 PM - Response #8

Some there, some not. In fact, the only one there is one where my co-admin posted an entry, and her picture is HUGE.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 2:11 PM - Response #9

This was about the image that is located in the right corner of the posts. The programmer made an adjustment about an hour ago.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 4:58 PM - Response #10

The one picture is now back to the size it should be but all the others are still missing. Appears to be a problem with those who don't have a 'Master Photo' selected and where I'd expect the yearbook picture should be used - like it is in profiles.

Friday, January 31, 2014 at 7:46 PM - Response #11

Okay I was updating the edit classmates and happened to notice that a bunch of the yearbook pictures had just miraculously disappeared.

Edited 01/31/14 9:07 PM
Friday, January 31, 2014 at 9:05 PM - Response #12

Unfortunately I have no idea. Is he able to send you a screenshot of the home page that's only partially there? I'm not sure what that means.

Wild guess: He may be using a very outdated browser. It could certainly be a variety of other things though, including malware, viruses, third party plugins, other local computer issues, etc. If he can send in a screenshot of what he's seeing I'd have a place to start.

King York wrote:

One of our classmates joined and while he was entering his info he said he went to page 3 and everything went blank. He closed the site and reopened it and now all he gets is home page which is partially there. He has rebooted his computer and still the same. Is there a problem with the website?

Friday, January 31, 2014 at 9:06 PM - Response #13

Can you give me a name or two that you're certain had yearbook photos upload previously, and now the photo is missing? I'll check it out.

King York wrote:

Now some of the pictures in the classmates profile have their yearbook photo missing. What the ----- is going on?

Friday, January 31, 2014 at 9:08 PM - Response #14

Please provide a couple names and I'll check it out. The most likely cause I've seen is somebody has inadvertently gone into edit, and accidentally unselected the yearbook photo. It's still there. It's just not selected (with the green checkamrk) so it displays. That's my best guess here. Again if you give me a couple specific names I'll know for sure, thanks.

King York wrote:

Okay I was updating the edit classmates and happened to notice that a bunch of the yearbook pictures had just miraculously disappeared.

Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 12:44 PM - Response #15

Ronald Eads, Mary Ebert, Robert Ebner, Zelma Eckhardt, Sandra Eisenberg, Mary Engle and several more. They are visible on the classmates page when you click yearbook but they are missing on the edit classmates page.

Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 1:57 PM - Response #17

Please watch this screenshare video: http://screencast.com/t/5ZMkxDDWI

Unless there's something I'm missing my only thought is you're having a browser cache problem. If you're not seeing the yearbook photos in Edit Profile view try holding down the shift key and then click reload on your web browser.

King York wrote:

Ronald Eads, Mary Ebert, Robert Ebner, Zelma Eckhardt, Sandra Eisenberg, Mary Engle and several more. They are visible on the classmates page when you click yearbook but they are missing on the edit classmates page.

Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 2:43 PM - Response #18

Another coincidence? Some of these suffer from the same issues as FC Bock's site. The URLs are very inconsistent.

There are THREE URL variations using yearbook, amazon and a very long URL name with the name of the person included in the link name. Just check the list - it's very common for this site.

That same sort of errata matched exactly the three people that FC had trouble with.

I'm also seeing partial URL name conversions. If there's a conversion going on and it's not yet done, please advise us the status. IOW, let us know when it's done so we can accurately tell CC what has been missed. I'm assuming that all yearbook images are supposed to end up at s3.amazonaws

Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 7:41 PM - Response #19

Will respond in other active thread about this.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.