ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

change the city

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/22/08 10:27 AM Views: 1322 Replies: 3
Monday, December 22, 2008 at 10:27 AM

Does anyone know how to change the City??? Ours came up under Harrison Twp and Macomb Twp and I want to change it to Macomb Twp. Help Please???
Thank you,
Marlo

Monday, December 22, 2008 at 11:09 PM - Response #1

You can't change it, as you've actually taken that "slot" in the system. The only way to take a different slot is to build a new site in that slot. Or buy a domain name and use that instead -- then nobody will see the twp in your site address.

Monday, January 25, 2021 at 1:21 AM - Response #2

BUMP old conversation from 2008...

Hi Brad/CC Support - years ago I created a CC site for my daughter's elementary school big yearly field trip families, and came across it again today. Unfortunately we never did make use of the site.

And according to Brad's reply from 12 years ago, I guess I could change the content to repurpose for my daughter's grad class (next year) etc, but we are stuck with the default URL created when I created the website originally? Of course it's the wrong school name & year and could be confusing unless they bought a domain name.

So, if I abandon that CC website, I suppose I should post a request to have it's "slot" purged from the CC universe to clean out your index?

I noticed for my own City & School index, there are a couple of extraneous reunion sites created by curious alumni. Would I be able to request their removal, or do you need the original creator to submit such requests?

Monday, January 25, 2021 at 10:33 AM - Response #3

We can help you repurpose the existing site for your daughter if you don't want to start over. We have a way now to update the city. School name etc. You can email me the details to info@classcreator.com please include the link to her site, new city, new school name etc.

Include in the email the links to the sites you want us to review to see if they were abandoned test sites.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.