ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Gallery Creator

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/27/20 01:36 PM Views: 705 Replies: 6
Monday, April 27, 2020 at 1:36 PM

If I am downloading something into the Gallery Creator, does the download need to be in JPEG format?

Our class has set up a memorial scholarship and when there is a new recipient, we want to set up a page with all information about him/her. I am creating a new tab and the gallery will not be pictures but will be in PDF form. Can this be done or can you suggest another way to set this up rather than Gallery Creator?

Thank you!!
Debbie

Edited 04/27/20 1:37 PM
Monday, April 27, 2020 at 9:55 PM - Response #1

An extremely simple way to do it would be to have all the recipients on one page, similar to what we do on our upper and lower classmen life tribute pages. You may index the names by the year the memorial was created and, using anchors and links, let classmates go directly to the recipient by clicking on the link in the index. Here's an example page: http://www.eastlongmeadowhighschool1970.com/ELHS-Class-of-1967.htm

Edited 04/28/20 12:46 AM
Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 12:46 AM - Response #2

Gallery Creator files need to be images .jpg, .png, .gif files. Possibly others like .tif

PDF files are not supported.

If you prefer PDF files, you can do that with one per page and then link to them. You should use a special way to display them that I've listed in a few posts.

I could modify my own "Gallery" viewer to handle PDF displays. That actually sounds like a fun project.

Works like this sample page link, except instead of images, each page would be a PDF. Click Image to start gallery preview. Bottom line can be a description of the PDF - in this case a person's name.

Would need to be scroll the PDF to read it all if it exceeded whatever your default height was.

Edited 04/28/20 12:46 AM
Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 12:33 PM - Response #3

Scott, I may have not made myself clear. I have an "In Memory" page. What I am looking to do is have a scholarship tab and attach information of each recipient of the scholarship each year.

The document for our 2020 recipient of our memorial scholarship has 14 pages which includes information regarding why he/she received the scholarship. We will have a new scholarship recipient each year to be shown.

I guess I could take a picture of each individual page and load them into the Gallery Creator.

I think I'm making this more difficult than it needs to be!! Wink

Thank you!!
Debbie

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 1:56 PM - Response #4

Debbie, the page for which I sent you the link is not the In Memory page, which Class Creator set up for us. It is simply a custom page I created, like any other custom page, to provide an additional opportunity to list upperclassmen who have passed away, in this case those from the class of 1967.

My point in having you look at this page is that it's possible for you to put all 14 of your recipients on one page, if the information on them is not too long.

Another alternative is to create a flyout menu, with a link titled Memorial Scholarships, or something to this effect, and then have 14 sub pages underneath. We have several flyout menus on our website, so you can see what they look like. You could have one at the top of your home page, with the 14 sub pages appearing in vertical order below the Memorial Scholarships link when someone hovered over it.

Class Creator has a short video on how to create a flyout menu at https://www.classcreator.com/videos.cfm. Click on the 14th topic down, "Introduction to the "Edit Site Pages" Management System" to see a tutorial on the flyout menu.

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 3:50 PM - Response #5

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

If you prefer PDF files, you can do that with one per page and then link to them. You should use a special way to display them that I've listed in a few posts.

One of which can be found here Add PDF to a site page..not event planner or left side of home page

Saturday, May 2, 2020 at 12:43 AM - Response #6

While I agree with the suggestions, I see scholarships as a separate page.

- Set up a scholarship page with Jane Doe 2020, John Smith 2019, and so on.
- Each name can be linked to the PDF as mentioned above.
A link can be added to the In Memory page on the scholarship page if you wish.

I would add a brief bio with their name on the scholarship page of two or three sentences. Or it can be as easy as:
Jane Doe 2020 (the name is linked to the PDF)
college/university/other
the course of study, if known

Clean. Easy. Makes the scholarship stand out. You can always provide a link on the home page and in emails to the class.

A short explanation of the scholarship might be added to the scholarship page or a link provided to it. It could be a flyout option as well, though I find few handle the flyouts well when on devices other than a computer/laptop.

Let us know what you do.

Edited 05/02/20 12:44 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.