ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Email

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/01/16 11:34 PM Views: 1257 Replies: 15
Tuesday, November 1, 2016 at 11:34 PM

Two emails to the class sent 2 hours ago have not been delivered. Can you notify us that there is a technical difficulty or should I resend my emails?

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 7:54 AM - Response #1

All emails eventually go out to classmates. Emails are placed in the email queue in the order that they are received at the email server. Emails cannot be sent out immediately because certain email destination servers can only receive a few emails from a sender email server before that sender gets flagged as a SPAM email provider.

This means if your emails were sent after a multi-year website which is sending out a very large email, your email will be delayed until after every school which got their email into the server before you did. Then it will start working on sending out your email.

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 7:55 AM - Response #2

don't resend your emails.

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 8:50 AM - Response #3

Nobody replied to my same request for help yesterday on stuck email. 14 hours now and it is still stuck. It is 165 classmates. It's that considered large? I have sent emails in the past and have received them in under a minute.
Please again, can you offer some help here?

Thank you

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 12:00 PM - Response #4

We have investigated the email server and rebooted. We do believe a backlog is now clearing. Any undelivered mail should be delivered soon. Your members will be receiving the email twice. In the future, please report any delays rather than resend as doing so simply adds to the email queue. Thank you.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 4:30 PM - Response #5

I have sent test emails to myself and have not received them. This is the 3rd or 4th time that this has happened lately.

You guys are great, but please don't tell me again that there is a backlog and it will be fixed soon. Making emails eventually go out is not fixing the problem.

I would like to know if this problem is going to be fixed.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 4:30 PM - Response #6

I have sent test emails to myself and have not received them. This is the 3rd or 4th time that this has happened lately.

You guys are great, but please don't tell me again that there is a backlog and it will be fixed soon. Making emails eventually go out is not fixing the problem.

I would like to know if this problem is going to be fixed.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 5:10 PM - Response #7

May I add myself to your site as a guest member to test further?

Thanks
Scott

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 8:20 PM - Response #8

SCott,
Not only can you add yourself as a guest member, you can be an administrator AND have ALL of my responsibilities!! Smile

Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 3:42 PM - Response #9

Hey - as long as I get your paycheck too! Wink ... I am now a member of your site. Let me know when you would like me to review my emails for any new ones from your site.

Monday, January 9, 2017 at 10:05 PM - Response #10

Okay. It is a deal.... you take over as admin of my site and i will give you my paycheck for being the admin of the site!!!

I did not see this email until tonight when i had the same trouble again. The issue is not necessarily with the emails going out. It is with test emails not going out on time. They seem to go but hours later.

Same problem to night, but it is just one of two that is not going out. I sent myself tests of two obits and i got copies of one but not the other. The only difference i know of is that the one that does not go out has a picture in it.

While i am at it, a classmate says they are trying to send a message to a classmate and all they get is a "sending" message. I looed on as them and sent myself a message with no problem. SO i assume it may be something with their cache or something.Does that make sense??

Monday, January 9, 2017 at 10:05 PM - Response #11

Okay. It is a deal.... you take over as admin of my site and i will give you my paycheck for being the admin of the site!!!

I did not see this email until tonight when i had the same trouble again. The issue is not necessarily with the emails going out. It is with test emails not going out on time. They seem to go but hours later.

Same problem to night, but it is just one of two that is not going out. I sent myself tests of two obits and i got copies of one but not the other. The only difference i know of is that the one that does not go out has a picture in it.

While i am at it, a classmate says they are trying to send a message to a classmate and all they get is a "sending" message. I looed on as them and sent myself a message with no problem. SO i assume it may be something with their cache or something.Does that make sense??

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 1:56 PM - Response #12

I was going to try and duplicate the issue, however I noticed that your Email the Class page is extraordinarily long. Not only do you have many many previously sent messages, but you also seem to have a much higher than normal number of drafts. I am going to talk to the programmer about a way to remedy this for you as well as others who have been running their sites for a long time who may also see this on their ETC page.

I am not quite sure how to answer the question about the delay, other than to think that the email server may have been slow at the time. I do believe that Jessica may have performed a reset last night.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at 11:01 AM - Response #13

Stan - you will notice a change on your email the class page today as the programmer added a show/hide feature to help sort your older / previous messages. Please let me know how you like the new functionality.

Friday, April 14, 2017 at 11:24 AM - Response #14

i saw the new functionality and really liked it.... but had not seen your note until now. Sorry my reply is a little late!

I have sent out two or three tests and they are not going out again - or at least i cannot find them.

Please help me find out why this is happening.

Also... this probably belongs on another thread, but i am having trouble with not being able to esize photos in emails. They show bigger than the size and, when i try to resize the, nothing happens.

Friday, April 14, 2017 at 1:37 PM - Response #15

We reset the email server earlier today, so that will be resolved shortly.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.