ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Instant Messaging

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/08/11 11:29 AM Views: 1382 Replies: 8
Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at 11:29 AM

I understand that if you click on the blue ? on the online icon you can get instructions for instant messaging, I am and administrator and have never used instant messaging and I have a new classmate that want to know how to use it. I do not see a blue online icon when I am online by myself so where do I get the info. Is it the same as live chat?

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at 11:41 AM - Response #1

When you turn on Instant Messaging, you will see a "1 Member Online" box in the bottom-right corner of the screen. Click on that box.

Then right next to "Search for Members", you will see the BLUE QUESTION MARK. Click on that to get instructions. It is not the same as live chat.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at 11:48 AM - Response #2

I have 2 members on right now and I do not see any instant message box or icon at the bottom of the page.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at 11:57 AM - Response #3

In your MEMBER FUNCTIONS section, do you have a "Turn on IM" link? If so, click it.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at 12:05 PM - Response #4

Kyle,
Another IM issue:
Have a classmate getting a message :
"You have reached the maximum number of IM sessions for your resolution."
Is this a CC issue and is there a way to correct it?

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at 12:13 PM - Response #5

The way to correct it is to have him increase his screen resolution. smaller resolutions (800X600 for example) can fit less IM sessions than larger resolutions (1280X1024 for example)

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at 12:33 PM - Response #6

I watch you guys answer questions and you are always helpful. I'll pass the information along.

Thank you!!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 at 6:47 AM - Response #7

On our site page, we do not seem to have the "Turn on IM" link under the MEMBER FUNCTIONS section. Is there a reason for that? Is there something that we need to do to activate that link?
Than you
Don Mann
HHS 1962

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 at 8:41 AM - Response #8

Instant Messaging is part of the PLATINUM Membership.

http://www.classcreator.com/pr.cfm

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.