ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmates Posting Announcements...

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/31/09 06:26 PM Views: 5103 Replies: 13
Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 6:26 PM

Hey Brad,
I've had a new classmate just post an announcement, and it showed up on our Home Page with MY announcements for the reunion! It also pushed my whole page down a bit, and I don't want that!

Is there a way that classmate announcements can go up on their own "Bulletin Board" page?
Muchas gracias senor!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 9:43 PM - Response #1

No, however, Classmates can't post Announcements without your approval. All Classmate-posted announcements are posted in an "inactive" state. Thus you or some other Administrator must have gone in and activated that Announcement. There is only one Announcement Board, and it's on your home page. If a Classmate posts an Announcement and you want to put it somewhere other than your Announcements Board, I'd just copy it and paste it wherever you'd like it.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 9:53 PM - Response #2

Okay, I figured that I clicked the button that said 'post', however I didn't realize it would go to the Home Page.
So, what I did was copy and paste it into "Email the Class", and that way everyone gets it, and it doesn't mess up my Home Page.
Hmmm..that makes me think, maybe I should customize a new page to be a "Bulletin Board" and put the announcements up on it....especially after new classmates join, who haven't received the earlier message!
Thanks for helping me figure this one out! Very Happy
Cindi

Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 5:00 AM - Response #3

C,
I like the idea of moving them to a button, unfortunately our buttons are all goneCrying or Very sad

Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 4:13 PM - Response #4

You can also dedicate one of your threaded forums for classmate announcements.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 1:13 PM - Response #5

There's no way to get rid of the "Post Annoucement" option under Member Functions, is there?

We've got a section built into our Message Forum, as you suggested, but want to prevent any confusion. Our "Announcements" area on the Home Page is also inactive (which I thought might have eliminated the Member Function option).

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 1:53 PM - Response #6

Hi Lorrie,

We will be making an adjustment that will make it so the link no longer appears in member functions for classmates if you have made it inactive on your Home Page settings.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 4:55 PM - Response #7

Lorrie Hamlin wrote:

There's no way to get rid of the "Post Annoucement" option under Member Functions, is there?

We've got a section built into our Message Forum, as you suggested, but want to prevent any confusion. Our "Announcements" area on the Home Page is also inactive (which I thought might have eliminated the Member Function option).

Lorrie,

We are using the Announcements area, but I have de-activated the ability for classmates to post announcements...instead I am trying to pressure them into using the new forums. If you ever get your issue resolved, that might be a route for you to take.

Vicki

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 5:28 PM - Response #8

Just a follow up to anyone reading this post now - we did create a way for the admins to leave annoucements on for admins only and turn off the feature for classmates so it does not appear as an option on their member functions.

As an admin you can click on Post Announcements and use the settings at the top of the page.

Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 6:48 PM - Response #9
member announcements.JPG

Jessica, I have unchecked the "Allow Classmates to submit announcements" box.
Should that remove the main menu item to "Post Announcements" under member functions?

See Announcements.jpg attachment.

Edited 11/28/15 6:50 PM
Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 8:26 PM - Response #10

Jim,

Yes, it does, but it also knows that YOU are an admin and so it allows you to continue to click the POST ANNOUNCEMENTS link as a shortcut to create new announcements. If you create a normal classmate profile and logout of the ADMIN profile and log in as a regular classmate, you will see that POST ANNOUNCEMENTS is gone. Below, I logged in as a regular classmate and here are the Member Functions:

MEMBER FUNCTIONS

Class Connection
Notify Me
Message Center
Edit Contact Info
Edit Profile
Change Password
Log Out

Notice that "Post Announcement" is not there.

Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 11:18 PM - Response #11

Kyle,
I should have thought of that. It makes perfect sense.

You guys think of (almost) everything.

Thanks again for your super work.

Friday, August 19, 2022 at 10:15 PM - Response #12

Hi, Kyle
I enabled “Post Announcements” for one of our classmates to advertise a golf game prior to our reunion.
If I disable this, will his announcement stay on the home page? I don’t want to undo what he did but I don’t want others to start posting.

Saturday, August 20, 2022 at 4:40 PM - Response #13

Hi Judy,

I wasn't sure so I turned it off to test and it looks like once you approve an announcement it becomes part of your announcement lists even if you turn off the option for classmates to add one. Check the page to make sure it looks the way you want, however, I think it is set. I didn't see any changes when I turned it off to test.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.