ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Difficulty reading posts under What's New

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/29/17 05:56 PM Views: 1459 Replies: 17
Monday, May 29, 2017 at 5:56 PM
IMG_4842.PNG

Having difficulty posting new content under What's New and/or reading what's been already posted. I access our website using devices & have never encountered such difficulty. I have cleared cache on iPhone & iPad, restarted both but the problem still persists.. Rarely do I use a PC to access our website. Just received a message on my phone - screenshot attached. I'm having no difficulty accessing any other website using devices. Can tech support please comment. Thank you.

Monday, May 29, 2017 at 6:53 PM - Response #1

Subsequent to my Forum post: I have used three friends' devices - iPhones & iPads - the same image I posted appears on friends' devices after I log on to my class website using their devices. Since last week, my class web page continually cuts out, reloads and cuts out all the time. It's not possible to access our website using devices. I can only access our website using a PC. However, I have no access to using a PC most of the time. Can tech support let me know why this is happening using devices. And I did build our website using my iPad. Thank you.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 3:55 PM - Response #2

So far, I am not able to reproduce this issue. I am wondering if any other administrators are experiencing anything similar? Please chime in if you are having issues.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 4:02 PM - Response #3

I just typed in the bishopmcdevitt65.com website on my cell phone, and was able to access their homepage.

I'm also able to access all 3 of the sites in which I'm the Root admin.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 4:30 PM - Response #4

Thank you, Irma. Using phone & iPad, I can access my class website, but if I continue to scroll, I receive this message: "a problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded". I'm not having this problem on any other website.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 5:17 PM - Response #5

Scott - thanks for taking my call. my IT called Apple - they referred him to this comment:
"A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded":
If you see this message when trying to load only certain websites or pages, it’s highly likely that there are issues with that particular site or page you are trying to visit. And unfortunately, there’s not much you can do if there’s a problem with the website or page–other than letting the site owner know of the problem, so they can fix it.

Edited 05/30/17 5:19 PM
Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 11:17 PM - Response #6

Elena Giannasio wrote:

Scott - thanks for taking my call. my IT called Apple - they referred him to this comment:
"A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded":
If you see this message when trying to load only certain websites or pages, it’s highly likely that there are issues with that particular site or page you are trying to visit. And unfortunately, there’s not much you can do if there’s a problem with the website or page–other than letting the site owner know of the problem, so they can fix it.

NOW that is passing the buck

I have gotten reports that Apple is having problems in some areas they are not saying.

Scott I know CC get all the updates I get, that is because I gave CC the web link to them. Very Happy I don't use apple

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 12:49 PM - Response #7

Using a device, are Admin receiving the message "a problem repeatedly occurred." and are any Administrators able to scroll on their websites using an ipad or iphone? input appreciated. thank you

Edited 05/31/17 12:56 PM
Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 4:58 PM - Response #8

Your home page scrolls ok as does our website. Does your home page cause that message? iPad 3

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 6:02 PM - Response #9

Thanks for checking, Jack.
Using ipad or iphone (both with software updates), I can access Home Page. But after I log on, when attempting to access any portion of our website, website cuts out & reloads every 5 seconds. Currently, there's an error message:
A problem repeatedly occurred on "http://www.bishopmcdevitt65.com".
I'm in a remote location and able to reply to this Forum, using a colleague's PC. It's not possible to administer my class website using ipad or iphone. Any suggestion(s) greatly appreciated. thank you

Edited 05/31/17 6:35 PM
Thursday, June 1, 2017 at 8:25 AM - Response #10

Co-Admin and our classmates cannot access our website using iPad/iPhone. Most of our classmates access our website using devices. Tech Support: please investigate and fix this problem.
Using only a PC to access our website isn't productive and we're losing classmates' website interest because they cannot access our website using a device. We're having an upcoming event soon - our Stats have been lower than usual since this problem began late last weekend. Using a device, classmates are receiving the same error message:
A problem repeatedly occurred on "http://www.bishopmcdevitt65.com/class_whats_new cfm".
This error message is sitewide for our website after a classmate logs on using a device. Will attempt to email the class alerting classmates there's a problem but I am concerned an email sent through CC server will not be received. I haven't yet received Scott or Jack's Forum posts via email notification which should have been received. Thank you. (posting from a PC)

Edited 06/01/17 10:58 AM
Thursday, June 1, 2017 at 12:47 PM - Response #11

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

Your home page scrolls ok as does our website. Does your home page cause that message? iPad 3

JACK I have some individuals also that have problems using there I-Pad's The one's that do not have that problem are the ones that use the newer ones 6 or 7 models, an it depends where they are located, an the Service Provider the have. IT is just like using a cell phone, some areas you can't get service.

I can't get a faster service in my area for my computer, because AT&T or others companies have not provided it in my area. Now here is the Very Happy part I am only 300 feet from getting AT&T faster computer link. Twisted Evil

Edited 06/01/17 12:47 PM
Thursday, June 1, 2017 at 12:51 PM - Response #12

Elena Giannasio wrote:

Using a device, are Admin receiving the message "a problem repeatedly occurred." and are any Administrators able to scroll on their websites using an ipad or iphone? input appreciated. thank you

See the reply I wrote it is not CC that has the problem it is your I-Phone or the service provider an the area you are in.

Edited 06/01/17 12:51 PM
Friday, June 2, 2017 at 2:31 PM - Response #13

My post certainly isn't intended as a rant. My post is a request to tech support for their technical assistance to fix the following problem: why all of a sudden is this error occurring and can CC please fix this problem. Since July 2014 thru May 27, 2017, I have never received this error message using iPhone or iPad until May 28, 2017. Unfortunately, our webpage loading problem still persists as does the error message. Classmates on our website live in many states, have various providers, use different devices and yet we're receiving the same webpage reloading message when using a device. We can access our Home Page without logging on. But after logging on to What's New, we can scroll to read a few posts but then the webpage cuts out and continually reloads with an error message. Our website's initial destination takes classmates to the What's New page after logging in. Our webpage cuts out and the loading problem makes it impossible to read posts by scrolling.
This problem isn't occurring on other websites. Thanks to those Admin who have replied. I trust this problem will be resolved by CC. Our classmates are unhappy with this abrupt change: not being able to use their device(s) to access our website as they have been during the past three years. ClassCreator, on behalf of our classmates, please fix this problem in order for our website to continue succeeding. Thank you.

Edited 06/03/17 3:45 PM
Monday, June 5, 2017 at 4:52 PM - Response #14

Elena,

I am able to access your home page to the bottom of the page. There is a link open "Welcome Class of '65!" that I was able to read as well.

I have an iPhone 4S with the last version they gave us before support ended. I feel that if there were a problem, it would be on my phone.

In addition, as others have noted, it seems to be an Apple problem on your phone, not a Class Creator problem. Above someone suggested Apple was passing the buck. Maybe, maybe the person simply did not try it on another Apple device. I share that another company has tried to tell me a problem I'm having on my PC is not their problem. I'm calling them in a bit with a screenshot proving it is. Try calling again or going in for help. Ask that they to test it on a device - iPhone or iPad.

ExclamationOne thing... did you power your phone OFF and back on? That is always one of the first things to try as a reset may be all the phone needs.Exclamation

Edited 06/05/17 4:53 PM
Monday, June 5, 2017 at 7:30 PM - Response #15

Thank you, Gwen.
The reloading problem only occurs on What's New. Using a device, I can easily scroll back to read 3 years of Forum posts. The reloading problem also exists on other classmates devices when accessing What's New. My business employs an IT. My devices are up to date & working fine. Our What's New page is where our classmates 'congregate.' What's New is the only webpage where the reloading problem exists. I appreciate your response.

Edited 06/06/17 2:34 PM
Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 2:40 PM - Response #16

Currently, our Class web page reloading problem on What's New has miraculously been resolved when using devices.

Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 11:01 AM - Response #17

Good to hear.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.