ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

I have messed up my home page with an embedded link - User ignorant! :)

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/19/11 11:01 AM Views: 1156 Replies: 3
Saturday, November 19, 2011 at 11:01 AM

I embedded HTML from photobucket, creating a slideshow for our sponsors. However, I apparently messed something up. Seems I now have created a huge block inside of my source code, which causes most of my info on my home page to be linked in one big block. I am having troubles arranging or editing anything with that block on my home page. I hope that makes sense?

Saturday, November 19, 2011 at 12:11 PM - Response #1

Cheryl,

The problem is this portion of your URL that you pasted in the announcements: /NR_Forbes_Release_2011.pdf?PHPSESSID=944cefe5184119b219ed36becd2a049f

Since there are no spaces, the browser doesn't know where to wrap, so it doesn't wrap that line and instead tries to keep moving it down the screen until it finally fits (below the right-side modules). If you changed the displayable portion of your URL to "Click HERE for a list of sponsors" then the browser would have no problem with the URL and no "huge block" would be shown.

Saturday, November 19, 2011 at 7:37 PM - Response #2

Kyle, I am a little confused. Is the problem with the forbes link or something to do with my sponsors? I am not sure how to change the displayable portion of my url... Sad

Saturday, November 19, 2011 at 8:42 PM - Response #3

You can disregard my question. I have just scrapped my home page and starting over fresh. It was time for spring cleaning anyway. Thanks!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.