ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Alumni Page or Automatic Guest between Classes

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/17/10 11:00 PM Views: 1249 Replies: 4
Wednesday, November 17, 2010 at 11:00 PM

My Class of 1960 website will be 'joined' by another Class of 1959 ClassCreator new and separate website this coming January. Both classes interact a lot.

With the rewrite expected first quarter of 2011, will the automatic Guest Pass be included in similar time frame. My Class of 1960 already has several Guests of 1959, that will of course join Class of 1959. Then I expect even more will anxiously want to make contact between classes.

I also am working to get yet another Class of 1961 hopefully in the next few months.

We all anxiously hope to see the Alumni Page. Smile

Thursday, November 18, 2010 at 4:48 PM - Response #1

No, the Guest Pass system will not be part of the restructuring launch in the first quarter of 2011. In fact that concept has become part of a larger alumni concept that will be a significant project of itself after the completion of the restructure. Realistically that's going to be quite a ways down the road in 2011. The restructure though opens all kinds of new doors and paves the way for this and more.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 at 4:56 PM - Response #2

Brad Switzer wrote:

No, the Guest Pass system will not be part of the restructuring launch in the first quarter of 2011. In fact that concept has become part of a larger alumni concept that will be a significant project of itself after the completion of the restructure. Realistically that's going to be quite a ways down the road in 2011. The restructure though opens all kinds of new doors and paves the way for this and more.

Is there any 'interim' way that 2 Classes same school on Class Creator could sign in to both websites? Something simple, awaiting the bigger change, that would provide automatic pass? Probably not, but I need to ask. Smile

Thursday, November 18, 2010 at 6:24 PM - Response #3

No, although you could certainly make somebody an invisible Guest Member on any site so they can get in. Doing it one at a time would be a royal pain of course though. All of this requires a real solution, real security, real attention to privacy concerns and more. No interim solution will suffice, sorry. It'll be really cool when done though.

Friday, November 19, 2010 at 12:23 AM - Response #4

Derrell,

You mean to tell me you haven't ever heard about that carrot on a string trick before? Just go find yourself a donkey, he'll show you!Razz

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.