ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Donations to Site

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/11/19 04:10 PM Views: 567 Replies: 2
Friday, October 11, 2019 at 4:10 PM

I just made a test donation via PayPal using the donation link on my home page. The donation went through OK, and PayPal sent me the notification of payment. However, the payment is not showing up anywhere on the site. What might have gone wrong? My site was inactive in free status for several years, and was just upgraded back to premium yesterday. Thanks for any help you can give me. -- Carl

Friday, October 11, 2019 at 4:24 PM - Response #1

Hi Carl,

You choose to use the Simple Donation module - it is essentially just a place where you add in your PayPal email address and it creates a PayPal donation button that is linked directly to your PayPal donations payment page via the payment email address. We do not store this information as we are not actually part of the transaction.

If you go to Edit Site Pages > Home Page > Edit there are a group of Home Page modules listed including the Easy Donation option. The help bubble next to that explains we have no way to do internal reporting, however, PayPal has all of the transactions and you can get reporting from your login with them. We do not receive any transnational data back from PayPal for these donations simple set up buttons so unfortunately we have no way to report them.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, October 14, 2019 at 3:32 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Jessica, yes I confirmed that the payment is in my PayPal account. I was looking in the wrong place. I appreciate the clarification. -- Carl

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.