ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Blue Hyper-link "MORE" not working

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/14/17 07:07 PM Views: 1369 Replies: 19
Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 7:07 PM

Recently some of my classmates, including me, have noticed that when we try to click on "MORE" to read the continuation of the full text of a post, nothing happens. The "more" does not light up in blue, and is inactive.

Have any others experienced this situation?

What can be done to make the "more" work?

Thank you.
Jon

Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 8:43 PM - Response #1

I ran into this the other day in a profile. The 'More' was there, but not blue (or functional). And from the displayed content it appeared that there could indeed have been additional text. But it's also possible that what was displayed was all there was.

Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 9:00 PM - Response #2

Thanks for your response, John.

The color of the "more" was a gray and non-operational, as opposed to the normal blue.

The classmates who posted each wrote two paragraphs from what I understand.

Monday, May 15, 2017 at 11:01 AM - Response #3

Hi Jon,

What browser are you using? When I tested your More links in Firefox, all seemed to perform as expected.

Scott

Monday, May 15, 2017 at 6:57 PM - Response #4

Hi Scott,

Everything is OK now, and the "more" link now enables full reading of the message in question.

This morning I did a public post "in front of the class" asking Charlie if he would conduct an experiment and re-send the message. I asked him to cut-and-paste his words from the original message, and send that one under his profile.

It worked as it should and all of us could click and read the entire message on the second-go. I did not hear of anyone NOT being able to click and read the re-sent post.

FYI, I had conducted an official survey late last eveing and all who responded stated that the "more" was inactive on their computers. Soon after Charlie re-posted the same words on a new separate message, all are now able to read...which is great!

Must have been a quick blip or else gremlins. Smile

FYI, I was using Internet Explorer, Windows 9 at the time, but my classmates were using a wide assortment of browsers and were not able to read the full text either.

Thanks for your consistent concern and extremely helpful attitude for me whenever I call or post forum questions, Scott. -Jon

Edited 05/15/17 7:19 PM
Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 12:58 PM - Response #5

"Gremlins. Always Gremlins." However you just mentioned something interesting. You are using IE, but you say on Windows 9. There is no Windows 9... it jumped from 8 to 10. That makes me wonder if you were using IE9. If that was the case, that is a very old browser that we do not support. If that is the case, you may run into other issues in the system related to the old browser. I would suggest using either Firefox or Chrome.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 1:47 PM - Response #6

Scott, I was using a device with IE-9 at the time, as apparently were some others in the class. (An old habit, but I do switch back and forth with the newer ones.)

I will try it and also put the word out to always use Chrome or Firefox, and not Internet Explorer 9.

Thanks as always.

Jon

Friday, October 6, 2017 at 8:00 PM - Response #7

Hi Scott,

It's Baaack!! The "More.." flat does not work in any browser. I've tried.. any hints??

Friday, October 6, 2017 at 8:30 PM - Response #8

Hi Scott,

When I hover over the "More..." link I get a pop-up in the lower left of my screen that says "javascript:void(0);"

I know that a "javascript:void(0);" is used as a placeholder URL to indicate that an onclick event is tied to the link to do the actual action like refresh the page.

Thoughts?

Is anyone else reporting this issue?

Friday, October 6, 2017 at 9:23 PM - Response #9

Temporary glitch? It appears to be working here, at least for comments in the What's New page and profiles...

Saturday, October 7, 2017 at 4:54 PM - Response #10

On our website MORE doesn't work if I cut & paste. But when I don't, MORE works fine.

Saturday, October 7, 2017 at 6:44 PM - Response #11

Just curious, are you using a "Windows" machine? if yes, what version of Windows? Which Browser are you using and what version of that?

Saturday, October 7, 2017 at 6:46 PM - Response #12

John, are you using the Responsive format?

Saturday, October 7, 2017 at 9:32 PM - Response #13

No... I'm still using one of the older templates. I did take a quick look at an RD site where I'm a member, but didn't find comments long enough to create a "More" link.

Oh, and I'm using Windows, FireFox 56.0 and IE-11.

Edited 10/07/17 9:34 PM
Saturday, October 7, 2017 at 10:23 PM - Response #14

John, which version of windows?

Monday, October 9, 2017 at 12:21 PM - Response #15

The More button appears to once again be working.

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 12:58 PM - Response #16

Hi Scott,

It's working in Edge and Safari but not in Chrome!! Ugh

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 4:07 PM - Response #17

We spoke earlier. For everyone else, the solution is to clear cache and history. The css that was updated is likely still cached in the browser.

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 4:52 PM - Response #18

Hi Scott,

Yes, that fixed it. Thank you for your help in correcting this issue. Much Appreciated Smile

Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 3:49 PM - Response #19
More.jpg

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

We spoke earlier. For everyone else, the solution is to clear cache and history. The css that was updated is likely still cached in the browser.

Here's a current example of a non-functional "More...".
I did clear cookies, cache, and temp files - which didn't help. It works (or fails) the same in FF 56.0.2 and IE-11.

The top one is not blue (or functional). In this case it may be that the post is just long enough to trigger a More, but there's no additional text. The bottom post is slightly longer and the "More..." works as expected, showing the rest of the post.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.