ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

adding deceased classmate to "In Memory" list

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/28/11 11:09 PM Views: 1862 Replies: 4
Monday, February 28, 2011 at 11:09 PM

changing a classmate by editing the "In Memory" site page results in "Deceased YEAR UNKNOWN" appearing next to the name on the "In Memory" page. We do not plan to have the year appear in that list, so do not want "year unknown" to appear. if i remove the check next to year of death on the editing page, the name does not show on the list at all. so right now, i have 49 names, and 47 show "Deceased" and 2 show "Deceased YEAR UNKNOWN".
How to get rid of the YEAR UNKOWN???
thanks in advance.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 at 11:24 AM - Response #1

This is a project that is currently on one of the programmer's lists. Currently, you can't. We are working on a solution that combines this with another issue. We will reply back when complete.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 at 11:39 AM - Response #2

i think what i will do is remove the classmates (2) and then reload them using a CSV upload with an asterisk after their last name. which is how the others were uploaded and they do not have the "YEAR UNKNOWN" issue. thanks very much.

Edited 03/01/11 10:47 PM
Monday, August 5, 2013 at 4:20 PM - Response #3

has this issue been resolved yet?

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 4:48 PM - Response #4

No. You still need to manually move the member to the In Memory section via Edit Site Pages > Edit Page Next to In Memory > Scroll down to the Save Changes button and look for the classmate search and Add Deceased Member button.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.