ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Home Page Only Top Menu Missing

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/19/21 05:20 PM Views: 288 Replies: 4
Friday, February 19, 2021 at 5:20 PM

The top menu of our home page is not visible. The white center content box is covering up the top menu links. How can we correct this problem. Don't know why it happened and it is only happening on the home page. I have not checked other computers just this one.

Friday, February 19, 2021 at 6:50 PM - Response #1

Your "The Daily Info" announcement is causing this. I turned it off for now. Did they provide specific embed code or did you copy this from somewhere? It has references to DIVs that don't exist on this server.

You might need to check back at the original source site and see if they offer specific embed code - I don't see a way to fix this code as not all of the code it is referencing is available to see here.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, February 19, 2021 at 6:53 PM - Response #2

Using Google Chrome browser on a desktop PC, your home page looks perfectly normal. I see Wildcats Pound Alumni, Pound VA 1942-2011 at the top, and the top row of menu links.

Friday, February 19, 2021 at 7:24 PM - Response #3

Scott, part of the code was disabled, however, this is also an example of how some references will not work with the change to https. I do not understand why CC did not explain what can happen.

Two things are not showing up now. One is the weather and the other comprises News data. (Besides the code that was removed.)

Click THIS to see what used to show there.

Quote:

Blocked loading mixed active content “http://www.theweather.com/wid_loader/5376a3ce17728a5f934857a19bb7be40”

Quote:
Blocked loading mixed active content “http://www.noozilla.com/iframe.php?type=1&bgcolor=FFFFFF&bdcolor=860009&lcolor=770000&tcolor=FFFFFF&fontsize=10&box=400&window=1&font=3&bold=1&textalign=1”

"div"s just define areas of a page. They exist as defined and do not have to be related to a "server", just a reference for code to find where stuff is. IOW, it generated the various elements that used to show. I use the exact same feed code - slightly modified. One is word of the day, games, etc. Ours is a dedicated LINK called Brain Fodder

Don't know exactly how it affected the top menu, could be a conflict in CSS instead. That's happened before Idea

The links were actually still there, just not visible. Some part of the disabled code did that. Hard to figure out now since it's been removed.

Edited 02/19/21 7:25 PM
Friday, February 19, 2021 at 9:05 PM - Response #4

Thanks. It appears to be working now. A News content code that we were using was removed. Code must have blown out the contents box and it was temporarily blocking the top menu. Problem solved.

Thanks Again,
Pound Alumni

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.