ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Daily notifications delayed up to 8 hours

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/23/23 10:15 AM Views: 132 Replies: 5
Wednesday, August 23, 2023 at 10:15 AM

Hello,
Yesterday 8-22-23 I posted that our classmates are not getting "Daily Notifications" in a timely fashion at the normal 8:30am MST and notifications are being delayed up to 8 hours. Yesterday's notification was 3:42PM MTS. I received a response indicating external problems with internet providers. I don't understand how AT&T, Yahoo, SBC, and others are having the same problems. I have several email accounts and have not experienced any delays by AT&T nor by Gmail when receiving emails.This morning I attempted to respond to that thread, a message came up that said this thread had been "deleted". What? This also happened yesterday when composing the original post. Could you also look into that as well?

Wednesday, August 23, 2023 at 12:57 PM - Response #1

You had posted your private email address in a public forum as part of the image attached. When we see an email address included we convert the post to a private message so the individual who posted the message doesn't have the risk of their email address being picked up and spammed.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 10:09 AM - Response #2

Still having delayed email notifications. Notifications received September 23 @ 6:24pm (MST). A (10) ten hour delay. We've not had this type of delay before. Are your programers looking for solution to this problem? Thank you.

Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 12:50 PM - Response #3

Hi Rex,

We monitored it the entire time it was occurring. Whatever was happening externally appears to have resolved yesterday evening.

I sent you a test just now and copied myself. I received the response very quickly.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 1:29 PM - Response #4

Hi Jessica,
Thanks for the test. Received it at 10:49 am. I hope the notifications are sent earlier now. Does your system set the time the email notification are sent?

Edited 08/24/23 1:29 PM
Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 3:33 PM - Response #5

When you send through Email the Class it shows a time stamp of when it processed. Emails are sent as they are processed, however, there are many factors that can affect when it is delivered. There can be queues on either side - sending and receiving. Our system will typically queue only if another system is accepting emails slower than usual. This past few days there were large external networks accepting them slowly and also sending groups back for reattempts (which typically only happens when their system is overloaded and can't take on any more messages. Our system is set to reattempt until it is accepted.

Jessica

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.