ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Animated .gif files

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/23/10 08:52 AM Views: 1268 Replies: 4
Saturday, January 23, 2010 at 8:52 AM
EastSideLogoAnimated.gif

I have just designed an animated .gif file for our site. But when I export/import into the file vault and link it to one of my pages, it does not run, it stays static. Will it be possible to use an animated .gif on the site. I do have the option of using others file extentions,.swf, .png, and .avi. I just don't think I have the ability (yet) to do this.

As you can see by clicking on the link EastSideLogoAnimated.gif above in this post, it has made a liar out of me. I hate the way I love computers!

Thanks in advance,

Bo Hill

Edited 01/23/10 9:22 AM
Saturday, January 23, 2010 at 9:53 AM - Response #1

Bo,

Check out this forum
http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?messageid=578A66F2-D391-5FFD-3721F09997E732B5#578A66F2-D391-5FFD-3721F09997E732B5

I noticed you already had the file in the INSERT/EDIT LINK page. What you need to do is copy the location of that file and then create an IMAGE and paste the location of the file in the IMAGE. I think that the above Forum post can explain it.

What page did you want the animated gif on?

Saturday, January 23, 2010 at 3:35 PM - Response #2

Currently it is on the top of the FUN STUFF page. I'll look at the link that you suggested.

Thanks,

Bo

Saturday, January 23, 2010 at 3:49 PM - Response #3

It is working now.

All I did was change the image from this

to this

Slight difference. Since you have uploaded the image to both the IMAGE VAULT and the FILE VAULT, I could just change "image" to "file" and it worked.

When you upload an image to the IMAGE VAULT (click on Image Button, then UPLOAD), the graphic will get resized. This messes up the animation if the image is an animated GIF file. Therefore, if it is a large image and/or you don't want the image to be resized, upload the image through the INSERT/EDIT FILE/Upload page.

Saturday, January 23, 2010 at 10:16 PM - Response #4

Kyle:

Thanks again. You have many talents.

Bo Hill

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.