ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Can't email names in Grey

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/18/14 11:49 AM Views: 744 Replies: 8
Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 11:49 AM

I have just found several classmates emails and am trying to send them an invite. They have never been emailed from the site before, but it will not let me send one to them. I notice their names are in Grey.

Please explain what I am missing.

Thanks, as always.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 12:19 PM - Response #1

Since December, you cannot send e-mails to anyone unless they first opt-in to receive emails. Now, if you want to invite them, you will need to email them through your personal email account. Then when they join, they will receive an email (the "opt-in" email). If they click the link in that email saying they want to receive emails from the website, then you will be able to use their email address in any future "Email the Class" emails. If they don't respond to the "opt-in" email, then they won't receive emails from the website and there will be a "Resend Opt-In Email" link in their Member Functions so that they can again try to receive the chance to receive website emails.

This was announced in December in the Help Forums with this topic:
http://forums.classcreator.com/messages....C17-D1BEF30381FF9FDC

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 1:10 PM - Response #2

Just want to make sure I am understanding correctly. I read the forum, but I thought that applied to classmates that have already been emailed, but not joined. I am only talking about classmates that we have never had an email for, therefore never have been emailed through the system.
Tracey

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 2:23 PM - Response #3

It is for all classmates, even those you just found an email address and added that email address to the system. You cannot even send one email through the system until they sign up and join your website.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 2:49 PM - Response #4

Ok, thanks for explaining, Kyle.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 3:21 PM - Response #5

I suggest that the FIRST post there by Brad be edited to reflect how it now works. It says you can send out ONE email and that's why Tracey asked. (Add it as a P.S. in the post, since the rest of the thread won't make any sense.)

I had to work hard for this Laughing

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 4:14 PM - Response #6

I added this:

UPDATE: after this post was written, it was decided that it was necessary to not allow any emails to anyone who has not joined your website until they first "opt-in" to receive emails. All classmates who had joined before this time were assumed to have already "opted-in"

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 4:49 PM - Response #7

Now I am curious why this change. I totally understand and agree with you that repeatedly sending invites could be regarded as spam..........but why not one time only. I'm sure you have addressed this in the thread, but I didn't see it right off.
I am really glad that I signed on with CC right under the thread of this change. You had made it so user friendly. I am sorry this changed for the newbies.
Tracey

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 5:13 PM - Response #8

I think it was answered in this thread (it is a different link to a different forum)
http://forums.classcreator.com/messages....C17-D1BE5A9AB12A5345

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.