ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Contact Us Email Address

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/30/09 09:55 PM Views: 1427 Replies: 5
Monday, March 30, 2009 at 9:55 PM

How do I change the contact us email address? Right now it is listed as my email address since I am the root administrator and I want it to be the class email address.

I would like my personal email address in my profile to be different than the contact us email address for the entire website. Please advise on how to change this. Thank you.

Monday, March 30, 2009 at 11:35 PM - Response #1

1) Click your Preferences link
2) Set Site Email Address

Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 2:55 PM - Response #2

I'm the administrator of our class website and I log in using my personal email address. I went to Preferences - Set Site Email Address and entered a general e-mail address... but the Contact Us emails are still going to my personal email. Does it take some time for the system to recognize the change or should it be immediate?

I'm trying to get this straightened out before I upload my class list and start getting a bunch of emails in my personal account.

Edited 04/12/12 2:56 PM
Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 4:03 PM - Response #3

Hi Kim,

The answer Brad gave above may have been correct in March of 2009, but it is no longer the case.

The Contact Us page on your website sends to the primary email address of the root admin and any co-admins for whom the Contact Us email notification option has been set (on the DETAILS page under Manage Classmates). The only way to have the Contact Us form send to a different address is to create a member of the site whose email address is the one where you want those messages to go, make that user a co-admin, and enable email notification for Contact Us for that member.

NOTE: We do *not* recommend having the contact form send to an address that is not used regularly, as it is the only mechanism for non-member visitors to the site to contact admins of the site. The address to which messages are sent from that page is NOT revealed to the sender, so your privacy is protected.

If you want to have an email address that is only for the website and is totally separate from your personal email, we recommend creating and using a (free!) gmail account, especially since you can check your gmail with a POP email client such as Outlook, Windows Live Mail or Apple Mail.

Saturday, February 7, 2015 at 11:02 AM - Response #4

I am root administrator for our site. in testing Contact Us today the emails are not going thru, not even to spam. Any ideas?

Monday, February 9, 2015 at 4:11 PM - Response #5

Yes. First off, have you received the contact form? If not, it may be that AOL is blocking the email. We are working with AOL right now for another site in which they have blocked the notifications. I believe that will be resolved shortly. You may wish to add a secondary, non AOL email to your account.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.