ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

sponsorships & donations

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/09/09 02:52 AM Views: 1442 Replies: 4
Monday, February 9, 2009 at 2:52 AM

I realize there isn't suppose to be any advertising on these sites, however can't we drum up some funding?

I want to use one of my Custom Pages for "Corporate Sponsors", and allow classmates to "give to the cause". They could 'buy' their ad on our Paypal page...along with the other reunion stuff.

I've noticed other sites doing that, and it would certainly help defray expenses on our end! Instead of having online ads, they would have a listing/link to their site, and possibly be printed in an actual directory to be handed out that night.

I'm working on my 35th, and would like to offer that as an option...Is that possible?

Monday, February 9, 2009 at 6:17 AM - Response #1

This thread may be helpful.

Edited 02/09/09 11:22 AM
Monday, February 9, 2009 at 11:22 AM - Response #2

I should note that while the Class Creator system does not inject advertising into your site, if YOU want to put advertising on your site go right ahead. It's your site. What you do with it is entirely up to you. We're not against ads such as this -- I'm sure you're going to place relevant ads that fit with your site.

One of the reasons we chose to go "ad free" is because many of the ad systems out there are automated -- i.e. we have little control over what might appear at any particular time. This not only clutters up the site, but also leads to customer support complaints (I know, I tried it once). What you're talking about is very different.

Edited 02/09/09 12:50 PM
Monday, February 9, 2009 at 1:51 PM - Response #3

Hi Brad - so you are saying that if we want to encourage our class to join 'Skype' or another instant messenger service to keep in touch that is o.k. with you?

Many thank - BTW - great job, you efforts are appreciated.
Betty

Monday, February 9, 2009 at 2:24 PM - Response #4

Yep! We're never going to block people from doing something they want to do. Instead, we'd rather figure out what it is they want to do, and they try to integrate it here so it's all cohesive. Live chat and instant messaging and all kinds of stuff are coming, but if you wanna Skype it up or whatever else, have at it.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.