ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Automatic Password and More

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/04/13 12:07 PM Views: 931 Replies: 4
Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I joined my school's site over a year ago. Whenever I log in with my e-mail address, my password is automatically entered, making the log-in process quick and simple. I recently joined Gwen's TAP site, but my password is not automatically entered. I seem to recall that there was a "Remember Me" box, but I don't see it now. How can I make the password automatic? While on that topic, how does one disable this feature if he/she no longer wants it?

While trying to figure out the answer to the first question, I checked the "Keep Me Logged In" box which keeps me logged in, but I don’t want to be. How do I disable that feature?

Jim

Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 1:47 PM - Response #1

I see the Keep Me Logged In option on the Tap screen. But I'm pretty sure that this is also connected to your browser preferences. You can clear your login (auto form fill) history in your browser tools. I use Firefox and for me, it was under Options > Security > Passwords : Remember Passwords for sites.

Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 2:31 PM - Response #2

Scott,
I believe the answer to his question in this case would be to just click on the box to uncheck it if it is checked.
And and FYI for you, because I should be nicknamed "Cheapskate" due to my insatiable appetite for good, free programs, would like to tell you about Ccleaner if you are not already familiar. It is a free program that comes highly recommended by many who are more knowledgable than me. It cleans out junk files, clears remembered passwords and cleans surfing tracks history from any browser. It also is a clean, safe registry cleaner. Helps speed up slow computers. It can be downloaded and installed at ccleaner.en.softonic.com/
As always, it's good to watch out for unneeded toolbars and such. There is also a "pro" program, but I have found the freeware to be adequate.

Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 3:20 PM - Response #3

Tim,

Unchecking the box is not an option because the checked box is part of the log in box on the home page and since I am already logged in, the log in box does not appear. However, I just discovered that if I simply log out, it, in effect, unchecks that box.

Jim

Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 3:27 PM - Response #4

My bad. It never occured to me to mention that. YOu are right. That's what happens when I assume. Smile
Good going!
Tim

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.