ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Portrait Option

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 11/01/08 05:34 PM Views: 1344 Replies: 5
Saturday, November 1, 2008 at 5:34 PM

Would it be possible to have the school logo automatically plugin to the portrait section of each profile? It would be deleted when the actual portrait is added, therefore, those who aren't in the yearbook or the ones we don't have portraits of would show the logo in place of a senior portrait.

Edited 11/01/08 5:47 PM
Saturday, November 1, 2008 at 5:52 PM - Response #1

Yes it's possible, but my dumb question for the day is, why? By the same token I could also ask, why not? The only "why not" reason I can think of is we often see schools who switch their school logo and school photo placement. So sometimes you see the school's logo over in the right hand corner. And then you'd get two logos right next to each other on Classmate Profile pages where the Classmate doesn't have a senior photo. Although this would be a minor thing. Do we need to put a copy of the school logo over there? Just thinking out loud.

Edited 11/01/08 6:31 PM
Saturday, November 1, 2008 at 8:49 PM - Response #2

I have quite a few people over the four years my site is set up for that aren't in the yearbook. I'm entering the school logo in place of a photo. That's all I just thought it would be nicer for those of us with lots of pictures to upload to have something in that spot. That's all. Not a big deal. I'll continue to do what I've been doing...

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 10:11 AM - Response #3

What about another option. Just have something like "Senior photo not yet submitted" or something requesting a senior photo, etc.

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 5:29 PM - Response #4

Because people will complain if we do that. I promise you they will. Many Admins just aren't going to take the time to upload all of their senior pictures. It's really meant to be an optional feature, where if you don't use it, then you don't get anything in that area.

My gut instinct is to leave it alone. But Kath and others, don't let that disuade you from suggesting whatever comes to mind. Every recommendation is considered and appreciated. It's all healthy discussion, and sometimes I'm just plain overruled by the users. So it's always good to bring up ideas. If I'm wrong on something (just talk to our programmers, they can tell ya stories), the users will most definitely tell me so.

Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 8:59 PM - Response #5
Picture Not Available PNA.jpg

Classmates were asking us why they didn't have a picture when it was blank when others had their pictures on. So we came up with an idea to use our school's mascot with the words "Picture Not Available" underneath in the place where the classmates yearbook picture would go if we did not have a picture for them. By using the mascot/icon we have had 7 classmates send us pictures to put in there once they seen the PNA.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.