ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

In Memory

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/12/08 11:25 PM Views: 1164 Replies: 3
Friday, September 12, 2008 at 11:25 PM

I had people in the Memory part. But I thought that they shouldn't be listed with the class--especially the "Missing". So I deleted one classmate and then tried to re-enter him in the Memory. Now he is a guest. Obviously this is not possible. Help!

Friday, September 12, 2008 at 11:52 PM - Response #1

Right. Never remove somebody from your class list just because they passed away. They were part of your class, and it's important their name be clickable on your class list to their in memory entry.

You can change the criteria for what constitutes a Missing Classmate by clicking on Edit Site Pages, and then clicking the "Edit" button next to your In Memory page.

Having said that though, a deceased Classmate should NEVER be allowed to appear on your Missing Classmates page. I didn't realize some scenario even allowed that, but clearly it does. I'll put in a programming task for a fix on this, thank you.

Saturday, September 13, 2008 at 9:33 AM - Response #2

One thing fixed...
I created a In Memory about Kerry which was email to me as a In Memory notice. How do I then put it in the website? Do I cut and paste the comment? Or how could I do this better?
Thanks soooooooooo much. K aka Queen

Saturday, September 13, 2008 at 11:57 AM - Response #3

The In Memory contact form is only there so your Classmates can inform you that a Classmate has passed away. That information simply emails to you -- there is no automatic function for adding the info to your site.

To add deceased Classmates to your site:

1) Click on FAQs above
2) Click on Questions About Building Your Site
3) Read Question #9

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.