ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Video to start automatically

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/01/12 11:01 AM Views: 1247 Replies: 5
Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I would like a Youtube video to start automatically once someone enters our site. Once the person enters our webpage the video would start automatically without someone having to start it on the Home Page and run once. Is this possible - any suggestions?

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 1:06 PM - Response #1

The trick is to add "?autoplay=1" to the end of the url in the embed code (minus the quotes).

I tweaked the code on the first youtube video on your home page so that it will start when the page loads, so you can see.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 2:04 PM - Response #2

Thanks So much! Can I do the same for music on other pages. i.e. I am starting to set of MP3's on gallaries to play music while they look at pictures. Can I have music start automatically without big MP3 info in the way? Once again thanks for the help. My friend and I are very excited about our high school page.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 2:13 PM - Response #3

The music on the galleries opens in a new window so that it can play continuously while classmates navigate the gallery, and we don't have a way to offer that without having classmates click something to allow it.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 2:34 PM - Response #4

For music, go to Playlist.com and create a playlist. I prefer Playlist over CC's because CC does not allow auto start.

I'm not sure why ClassCreator did not do it the same way as Playlist but I'm sure if there was a good reason they'll let us know.

At Playlist you can choose to have it start automatically or not. That's what we have done on selected pages on our individual class sites. Just copy and paste the code where you want it on your page. Classmates can choose to pop out the player and keep it on their desktop or just listen to it from the page they are on.

Edited 05/01/12 2:36 PM
Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 5:37 PM - Response #5

Steve,
It is interesting that you want a video to start when visitors open you page. Might the video be one from a reunion? I will keep this in mind for a future project I have planned for a site. Thanks!

Bruce,
Personally, I prefer the option to listen or not to listen upfront. Yet, I have playlist.com on our military page. It is a preference by admin. Yet, I think it is best to mix it up a bit.

Let us know when you have the video up, Steve. I'd like to view it. Smile

Added after posting:
OOPS! It is up and on auto play... and so perfect! Well done! SmileVery Happy

Edited 05/01/12 5:45 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.