ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Message Forum header(s)

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/29/13 07:42 PM Views: 986 Replies: 8
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 7:42 PM

The link name shows at the top of the Message Forum. So I changed it to LOCKER NOTES. Smile

Looking at the page, I see LOCKER NOTES at the top but in the top row of the info section it say "Welcome to....."

I do not want to see that. Please say it can go away. Cool

See... even the screen shot doesn't want to be seen. Confused

Edited 01/29/13 7:46 PM
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 8:46 PM - Response #1

which website? TAP?

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 12:06 AM - Response #2

I do apologize. It was in the screen shot that is not showing! www.mchenryalumni.com , Kyle.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 11:36 AM - Response #3

If you edit the page from Edit Site Pages, there is a checkbox to turn off the welcome message, which also hides the Welcome to... header, but if you have the welcome message displayed at all, the header is there.

Your screenshot isn't displaying because there is a space in the URL between the two "e"s in "scre enshot".

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 12:59 PM - Response #4

I get that, Eric... but I did not have the box checked. After reading this, I went back to the page. Clicked the box to show the welcome. The page refreshed. I clicked it again to removed the check and display of the welcome message... it is still there.

So is your answer the answer?

Thanks for the screenshot info. Obviously, user error.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 1:37 PM - Response #5

Gwen,

When I view your "Locker Notes" page, I DO NOT SEE THE WELCOME MESSAGE. It sounds like a browser caching issue to me. Try refreshing the page with F5 or VIEW/RELOAD

NOTE: You will see the WELCOME message any time you are EDITING THE PAGE. It doesn't mean that the classmates will see it when they click the link.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 2:22 PM - Response #6

Okay, I think I see there is a communication issue here.

I opened the "welcome" box for you to view what I am talking about. HERE

Let me describe this again:
1) We are now able to rename the Message Forum.
2) I renamed it: Locker Notes
3) I wish to include a message at the top with a photo of a locker from our yearbook. (This is completed.)
4) In the first row of the text box is "Welcome to the McHenry High School Alumni McHenry, IL Message Forum. I do not want that welcome and the row could be removed.

Apparently the check box controls the table (row/text area).

One more thing about this... When I edit the text and save changes, a blank window opens. I'm using Firefox.

I think this is everything.

Edited 01/30/13 2:23 PM
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 4:12 PM - Response #7

I don't know why someone decided that the content you put into your welcome message isn't sufficient to head the page, but so long as you have a custom welcome message visible, the header above it will remain visible also. I can put removing it on the wishlist, but this is one of those things that may take a while unless programming does it just to take a break from the things that require actual work to achieve.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 8:02 PM - Response #8

Thanks, Eric.

I understand it being there in the beginning. I understand it being missed when the decision to allow us to rename set pages was made. It just looks bad.

So on the wish list it goes. When no one is looking... give it a nudge, eh? Wink

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.