ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Condo Association site

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/01/15 08:46 AM Views: 1442 Replies: 10
Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 8:46 AM

Is there any way to customize manage classmate form labels so that they would better fit for a condo association?
Unit numbers need to be entered in addition to names. I considered using one of the name fields but assuming that users will change the data.

Does anyone know of condo association site that i could look at for ideas?

Edited 03/01/15 8:48 AM
Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 8:48 AM - Response #1

No way that I am aware of. The page is a standard page and must work with all groups.

Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 9:14 AM - Response #2

This is an inactive site I launched some time ago for the Circles at my church. If someone was in Circle 7 - I put 2007 beside their name. (not sure why I just didn't put 7, or 07) Maybe you can use this approach in some form?

http://www.classcreator.com/Kernersville-NC-Umw-Circles-2001-2008/class_index.cfm

Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 9:42 AM - Response #3

Clarifying my above comment - the link to my inactive site (UMC Circles site) is in the above message itself. The site showing to the left of my post is a very active site for my '73 graduating class. Very Happy

Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 11:34 AM - Response #4

We are having a similar label problem with the "Classmate" labels because we are a U.S. Navy ship's association, not a school.

I have substituted "Shipmates" for "Classmates," but it does not change all labeling.

If its not possible to edit all labels now, you might want to make that change in the future since there are several non-school groups.

USS Robert L. Wilson DD/DDE 847 Association

Jack Scully

Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 12:05 PM - Response #5

Small world! I am from Kernerville and very familiar with your church! Thanks for the suggestions..

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 2:49 PM - Response #6

I would also like the ability to add additional fields to my form. As a condo association, we need to record vehicle make and model as well as tag numbers.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 4:00 PM - Response #7

Hi Cheryl,

If the information is for admin use only you will want to use the Admin Notes section under Manage Classmates > Enter/Edit Classmates and then choose their Details page and the admin notes is at the bottom of the form.

If the information is more general information that all site members can see you can add new profile questions to the Profile Generator under Admin Functions. It won't appear as part of the join screen, however, it would be part of their profile.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 4:03 PM - Response #8

Is there a way to upload this data in a batch format?

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 4:18 PM - Response #9

The following fields are available in the batch upload under Manage Classmates > Upload Class List. The only one that might work for your needs might be the Address 2 field if you are able to fit their full address into the Address 1 field.

First Name   
Last Name   
Married Name   
Email   
Address 1   
Address 2
City   
State   
Zip   
Country   
Telephone   
Cell Phone

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 4:25 PM - Response #10

I am already using the last name for the unit number, and First name fields to indicate owner vs tenant. Because the field labels do not correctly identify the data inserted, I worry that users will begin to update their own data and information will be lost.
This is why I suggested the ability to create user specified labels, and add additional labels as needed. I guess I will need to figure something else out. Thanks..

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.