ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

how to access uploaded graphics

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/02/10 02:45 AM Views: 1648 Replies: 5
Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 2:45 AM

Hello,

Has someone here been able to access all their uploaded graphics.

I might have some graphics that i have used and uploaded before and i was wondering if there's a way to access those files to be re-used.

thanks,
georg

Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 8:39 AM - Response #1

It sounds like you want to access the Image Vault.

To see all of the images you have uploaded before, go to a Content Editor (for example, Edit Site Pages, Edit Home Page) and click the IMAGE BUTTON. Then click on the FILE VAULT button. This will show you a list of all of the photos you have uploaded. You can click the file name to see the image.

Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 11:51 AM - Response #2

Kyle,

Is there a way to purge some of those image files that we may not want taking up space in the file vault any longer? I noticed that we are at 65% capacity in the file vault. We don't want to run out of space. Some images we upload may "end up on the cutting room floor" when we actually see them on a public page.

Thanks,
Anita

Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 11:58 AM - Response #3

Just follow the same steps and then while you are viewing the photo, click the DELETE link and the image will be deleted.

Also, some websites have PDF, Sound, or other documents in their FILE VAULT. These documents also take away from the same storage limit. To access the FILE VAULT, go to any Content Editor, click on the INSERT/EDIT LINK, then click on the File Vault button. You can delete documents the same way as you delete images.

WARNING: DO NOT DELETE AN IMAGE IF IT STILL IS BEING USED ON YOUR WEBSITE or you will get an "X" graphic meaning the image is not found.

Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 9:24 PM - Response #4

I'd like to do some organizing in the vault, and possibly rename a some of the files. I named a folder, but I can't seem to find a way to move files to the folder. Does the "file" function in the vault work?

Edited 05/02/10 9:25 PM
Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 9:27 PM - Response #5

There is currently no folder to folder function. Images go to whatever folder you've uploaded them into. This is on the enhancement list but at the moment low priority.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.