ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Yellow Pages Listing

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/20/08 11:00 PM Views: 1299 Replies: 1
Saturday, December 20, 2008 at 11:00 PM

I would like to create a "Yellow Pages Listing" on our website for the alumni (and family and friends) that own businesses. I know that I asked about this before but I can't find it now.

I would either like to do an alphabetical listing or one that looks like file folders where I can put the type category of business on it.

How do I do this?

Sunday, December 21, 2008 at 3:06 AM - Response #1

You don't really have a "good" way to do this per se. A good way would be to have some sort of business directory module included within Class Creator, but that doesn't exist in our system currently.

You could pretty easily make a custom page, and then using a table based layout you could upload little yellow folder images to the page and make them all clickable. They'd all have to click to manual content you've uploaded to other custom pages though, which would run you out of pages in a hurry.

You could always link your folders to content hosted on an external server somewhere. Or simply put everything all on one customizable links page. If you want something more advanced than that you're really best off finding some type of third party plugin that already does it, or getting a programmer to create the exact functionality you want. Doing this isn't really such a stretch by the way. If you posted such a task at elance.com you'd have all kinds of programmers offer to create such a feature for you for less $ than you think. And then you could simply link one of your customizable pages to the feature.

Edited 12/21/08 3:07 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.