ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmate names

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/03/09 10:06 PM Views: 1476 Replies: 8
Thursday, December 3, 2009 at 10:06 PM

I want to create a page for classmates that spent time at the school but did not graduate. Is there a way to set up a separate page for these students and also a separate page for teachers?

Thursday, December 3, 2009 at 10:13 PM - Response #1

You can add people who didn't graduate with you as GUEST members. Just add them like regular classmates, but on their DETAILS page, check the "Show as GUEST" instead of "Show on Class List"

Teachers also need to be added this way (unless you have a Multi-Year site)

Thursday, December 3, 2009 at 11:30 PM - Response #2

Kyle,
Can we set up a site as a multiple year site but only run 1 year? Or does that screw things up for you or us? Just wanted to know since a Faculty section is an awesome thing.

Friday, December 4, 2009 at 7:56 AM - Response #3

I think that Multiple Years must be at least two years.

Friday, December 4, 2009 at 8:09 AM - Response #4

A thought on the non-graduate thing...

We've found that we've had a fairly good turn-out with non-grads, by including them with the rest group. We were amazed when we looked at our junior high books, how many people did not make it to graduation. After all these years, it really doesn't matter to us if they failed a class or dropped out along the way. Many are embarrassed by the lack of diploma, and wouldn't want to be singled out in a separate group.

Friday, December 4, 2009 at 8:24 AM - Response #5

I think I misunderstood the original question here. I agree with Ruth and if they were supposed to graduate with your class, but never got a diploma at that time, I would recommend they be added as "CLASSMATES" (they could have gone back to school to receive their diploma). If they were members of a different grauduating class, I would suggest adding them as a GUEST.

An item on the task list that has been talked about in these forums is for allowing a "Guest Pass" system where classmates from the same school, but different graduating classes can be allowed into your website to leave messages and view profiles of classmates in your website. Because of the changing nature of the task list, I am not sure when this will be implemented.

There is also an idea of a School Repository where teachers and other admin could sign up and not have to go to each of the different class websites to communicate with former students. This idea is discussed in the following forum.

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?messageid=3BC4BB91-C605-4279-A07033F62913A94A#3BC4BB91-C605-4279-A07033F62913A94A

Friday, December 4, 2009 at 10:30 AM - Response #6

We keep all classmates in the same group. We have some classmates who served in the service, others left for personal reasons. Our view is that we were classmates at some time and each classmate play a vital part of our lives.
Thanks
julie ferriera passanisi
www.sanleandro68.com

Friday, December 4, 2009 at 1:09 PM - Response #7

We floated an idea, but haven't heard/seen anything back yet from moderators about having another Navigation Bar entry for "Friends of Our Class" which would include interested teachers, administration, and staff; widows/widowers of graduates; and classmates who attended the high school for a while, but later transferred to another school prior to graduation.

Believe separate data base would be helpful in analyzing/displaying statistics about our graduates separately.

Friday, December 4, 2009 at 5:41 PM - Response #8

Thank you to everyone. I will attempt the ideas you have suggested.

For us we would like to show the graduates on their own page as separate, and then add all the other persons who spent time with us as a type of alternate classmate. Most of the alternates (for lack of a better term) from what we understand, transferred and graduated from other schools.

Would there be a way to add additional columns to the excel spreadsheet perhaps to show this distinction. Or another question is if there is a way to add this comment under the person's name so that it appears right when you click on them to view their info?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.