ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

reloading class list

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/30/09 09:03 AM Views: 1090 Replies: 1
Monday, March 30, 2009 at 9:03 AM

I have a classlist on the site. I want to update it with added email addresses (I don't want to do it one at a time).
When I download the template and do as directed, I get an error that two phone numbers are not formatted correctly. One number is 810-531-2896. The other one is formatted identically. Also, there is a line in the list I downloaded (then I added the email addresses) that has a row with "Deceased Classmates". Do I need to delete that row before I cut and paste into the downloaded .csv template?

Monday, March 30, 2009 at 8:31 PM - Response #1

Ok, let me make sure I'm clear here. Are you attempting to download your class list in xls format, make changes to it, and then reupload it in the csv format? I think that's what you're saying. If so, no can do. There's a very good reason you can't do that:

Let's say you download your class list. And now you're busily working with your class list, adding a thing or two here and there, etc. A couple hours later you're done and decide to upload your list again. The minute you do that (if we allowed it, which we don't) you'd blow away the last 2 hours of any changes your Classmates had made to their Profiles.

Once you batch import your Classmates' names into the system, you must make any further edits inside of the system. Having said that, you could use your Reset Classmates button to ONLY delete Classmates who have not yet joined your site, and then you could batch import just those Classmates again using the original csv template. But for any existing Classmates, sorry, no more batch uploading.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.