ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Post photos from cell phone?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/19/17 08:16 PM Views: 825 Replies: 5
Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 8:16 PM

Got this question from a classmate: "Since everything has gone to cell phones all my new pictures are on my iPhone 6S and consequently I do not know how to add new pictures to my profile page.,...any ideas I can try?"

Would Class Connection via FB work? I never tried our website from my phone.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 8:32 PM - Response #1

I don't know if the image editor will allow you to upload photos from a cell phone. If not, can't you save the photos to the hard drive on your computer? Then upload them as usual.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 10:05 PM - Response #2

Works pretty much like your computer - this is mostly a browser function. Just pick upload, go to the appropriate area on your phone "index" names for the image or video you want to upload. Little trickie getting the finger to hit the 'right' spot.

Works for profile or comments the same way.

I used Android, but should be the same for iPhone since this is a browser function.

[I used Firefox since it is synced to my PC bookmarks thus easier to test.]

Edited 04/19/17 10:05 PM
Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 10:19 PM - Response #3

Can also email them to a computer (theirs or a friends), save them there, then upload.

Friday, April 21, 2017 at 12:00 AM - Response #4

Some other ideas and methods to access the images or videos - (if you want to download them to your PC). Varies a bit depending on the phone. These don't use data bandwidth and can be considerably faster.

1. A lot of phones allow a direct USB connect and it looks like a disk drive. Drill down to the images folder (whatever name they use) and copy and paste to PC. Sometimes you need a corresponding program on your PC installed to connect via USB. See phone docs if just connecting via USB does not show up as a disk drive. It can install a driver for this process the first time. Just wait a bit.

2. Another method is to install a program that then connects via WIFI to your PC. You start the phone app, type in the local IP address it gives in the PC browser. Next just 'transmit'/copy (either way actually) to your PC. Sort of like the way you can upload/download files to the CC file vault. Again depends on the program.

3. Last method is the easiest (and fastest) IF you have an SD card in the phone where you store images (option in setup). Pull the SD card, plug card into PC card reader and it's all there. Very fast. Some newer phones make getting to the card very difficult now, but some are still easy.

Just alternate ideas - all of the ones listed work.

Friday, April 21, 2017 at 7:01 PM - Response #5

Mary,

I have an iPhone 4S and it is indeed possible to upload a photo. Though my sites are now in the Responsive Design, I believe it should work the same. Here are the steps I took:

In Responsive Design, choose the person icon. Since your site is in a Legacy design, she needs to find the Member Function "Edit Profile". It should be in the menu found in the upper right of the phone's screen are the three menu bars.

If she is familiar with adding photos on a PC or Mac, it works the same way.

Please let us know if this worked or what I missed for her. Thanks.

Edited 04/21/17 7:02 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.