ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Guests link

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 02/03/13 06:05 PM Views: 939 Replies: 10
Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 6:05 PM

When there are no guests, at least on multi-year sites, the link at the top of the Classmates page to the Guests section/page shouldn't be there unless admins want it for some reason: [Guests or] select year of graduation

Monday, February 4, 2013 at 11:10 AM - Response #1

I see no flaw in your logic. Smile I'll pass it along.

Monday, February 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM - Response #2

Mary, I guess one reason to have guests on a multi-year site would be for someone wanting to see how a multi-year site was handled, see examples, etc., for someone who might be thinking about starting one?

Monday, February 4, 2013 at 11:24 AM - Response #3

She isn't complaining about the GUESTS link, but the link shouldn't exist if there are no guests yet (because it does nothing)

Monday, February 4, 2013 at 11:43 AM - Response #4

Eye Sea!
Thanks for the clarification Kyle.

Monday, February 4, 2013 at 12:00 PM - Response #5

I have true Guests on my Multiple Year site. For instance, one is the daughter of a deceased classmate. Another is husband of that same classmate (he was a classmate, but wayyyy years before that I don't want to open those year parameters)

I don't think you can safely assume that a multi year site will have no guests.

Monday, February 4, 2013 at 12:17 PM - Response #6

We aren't saying that the GUESTS link will never appear, but only appear if there ARE GUESTS (so the link can really do something).

Monday, February 4, 2013 at 2:19 PM - Response #7

I didn't realize there was a multi-year option. Would it be practical to use this option for two graduation classes, within the same year, ie 1963 January & 1963 June?

Monday, February 4, 2013 at 3:46 PM - Response #8

It would not be practical, no. In most within the same year scenarios Admins just list the year prior to the Classmates' names:

e.g. (January) David Grandstaff

When you do this you wind up with everybody sorted by month on the Classmate Profile page output.

Monday, February 4, 2013 at 3:55 PM - Response #9

Thank you.

Monday, February 4, 2013 at 11:45 PM - Response #10

Mary,

Thanks for reporting it. It is now fixed.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.